Thursday, February 19, 2009

Not My Usual Color Challenge Card!

Happy Thursday! I realized I didn't share my card for this week's SCS Color Challenge, so here it is! I went in a different direction with this one -- I let the paper and cardstock do the color work, and I kept the background and ink neutral.

I'm trying to challenge myself to get away from my "usual" style now and then and to change things up a little! I've always loved the look of a white background, but for some reason I always feel the need to cover it all up! I fought the urge on this card, and I'm really happy with the result!

There's not much to explain here -- it's another SU! only card (that's twice in one week!). If you have any questions, just ask! :)

I'm glad you stopped by today -- thanks so much!

Have a fantastic day!
Christina

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes Ink: Basic Black Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Rose Red Paper: Bella Rose dsp, Autumn Vine dsp Other: black gingham ribbon, Button Bouquet, dimensionals

12 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Very pretty Christina!

Allison said...

This is so pretty. Love how the images were stamped in just black.

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Christina! So clean, crisp and fresh!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina,

Love the cards and creativity that's flowing in your neck of the woods. If you need a break from your work, make the delicious Blondies (or Brownies, or Guacamole) posted on my blog. Your kids, and maybe even lit'l Chub will love your forever.

Ciao,
Maggie

Jackie Pedro said...

This is beautiful, Christina!!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Heather Ulmer said...

woo pretty! I love the dimention

Juanita said...

I am so glad you shared this card. It is beautiful. You made the color combo look good, not like green, pink and mustard....

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!

Jamie Martin said...

Love this card, it's beautiful! Great job on the challenge.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! There's something about three panels that gets me every time, and this set is perfect for your layout. LOVE the layout! LOVE the colors, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh...love the crisp, clean feel of this!!