Thursday, August 19, 2010

JustRite Christmas Ornament

Happy Thursday, everyone! It's the last day of projects for JustRite Week at Stamper's Dream! Posting today are Michelle , Leslie , me, Karen and Cammie. Be sure to stop by the other girls' blogs and leave them some love! :)


I paired an ornament from the Christmas Ornaments 3 1/4" Borders & Centers Set with some patterns of My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary paper (you can find an assortment of Quite Contrary papers here at SD!). I love that I was able to give this sweet paper a Christmas vibe! I colored the ornament with Prismacolor Pencils, and I paper pieced the bow. I softened the edges of the papers and cardstock with Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Inks. I finished the card with some machine stitching and Silver Metallic String.

I'm glad to know I already have a couple Christmas projects completed! I'll just tuck this card away in my stash! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today -- your visits always mean so much!

Have a great day!
Christina

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this card, Christina! Beautiful job with the image. And I particularly love it that you used non traditional Christmas paper to make this so adorable!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Christina! Such a sweet layout.. just love it!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, SWEET!! You had me at the polka dots! What a darling card, Christina!

Amy Johnson said...

I just love this new Just Rite Set! I will definately have to get it. Beautiful card. I never would have thought of doing a Xmas paper with everyday dp, but it really works.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

very pretty. :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Ack!! Sooooo festive, Christina! Way to claim that paper for Christmas, too!! I never would have thought of that!!

Carolyn King said...

Beautifully done. Love the cording bow and the great dp you used with this!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful! Love all the cord!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Christina, this is so rich and elegant!! I love the large scallops and your fantastic sewing!! And the pieced bow...too cute!!

Lisa H. said...

wow! love this. think I need to get me some Just Rite stamps...great card, girlie!