Monday, August 9, 2010

CHA Photos!

Good Monday to you all! I finally have photos from CHA to share with you! There are plenty of 'em -- so grab a cuppa and settle in! :)

We were so fortunate that our hotel was directly across the street from the convention center. Here's the view from our hotel window! 

 Everyone had arrived by Thursday evening, so we had some silliness in the hotel pub. Here's a little self-portrait with Deb Anton -- such a sweetheart! :)

Martin and Kim with Brianna and Emma
The Craft Supershow began Friday morning. The van der Sanden family was ready for business!


 Emma and Brianna worked SO hard all weekend!


Here's most of the Team at the MFT booth: Barbara Anders, Brianna, Kerry Johnson, Emma, Kim, me, Carolyn King (Cammie), Joanne Basile, and Deb Anton


Barbara Anders, Kerry Johnson, and Joanne Basile -- three very sweet and mega-talented women! Kerry was my roommate for the weekend, and it was such a treat to get to know her!


Cammie and Deb... aren't they just beautiful? It was my first time meeting Cammie! I had so much fun with the two of them!


 I finally met Kim Reid! We hugged like old friends! Kimmie and I were on the All That Scraps team together, but now she is a busy lady with her Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!


Bonnie Sharp -- love this lady! I met her and her daughter Marcie last year, and I was excited to spend some time with them again this year!


 We ran into so many people at the Taylored Expressions booth! Here I am with my friend Carole Burrage and the fabulous Denise Marzec. I'm working with Denise on the Stamper's Dream Team right now, so I was VERY excited to meet her! Over my left shoulder you can see Taylor VanBruggen, and Mercy Kerin is behind Carole's right shoulder! I can't believe I didn't grab a photo with Mercy -- she's just a joy! What a thrill to meet her, too!


 I also met Cindy Lawrence -- another member of the Stamper's Dream Team! She's just SO sweet and genuine, not to mention uber-talented!


Karen Giron, Karen Motz, and Joanne. Karen and Karen are on Taylor's design team, and it was so much fun to meet both of them!


Just as we were leaving for the day, I ran into Tori Wild, and there was a lot of jumping and squealing! We worked together at All That Scraps, and I was SO hoping I'd get to meet her! Here I am with Tori, Cindy Lawrence, Lori McAree, and Denise Marzec.


After a looooong day of shopping and gabbing, many of us headed to the hotel for drinks. I am still amazed by this photo... I found myself surrounded by all of these wonderful women with such incredible talent! They truly are my papercrafting idols!!

L to R: Lori McAree, Jenn Balcer, Bonnie Sharp, Kerry Johnson, Cindy Lawrence, me, Denise Marzec, Amy Rohl, Joanne Basile, and Carole Burrage. Deb Felts was there, too -- but I think she was on the phone during this photo!


 On Saturday I was so happy to see Erin Smetak at the MFT booth! She is one of the most visible MFT Junkies on the SCS Forums, and she is even sweeter in person! :) 


 
To say we did a LOT of eating would be a gross understatement. THIS was Cammie's lunch. A HUGE piece of chocolate mousse cake. Jenn Balcer snapped this photo of some of us "tasting" it! :)


THIS is what the rest of us shared for dessert. A five-pound piece of carrot cake. It had carrots and raisins in it, so it had to be GOOD for us, right?? After all, vegetables and fruits are SO important to a healthy diet! ;)


We worked off our lunch by doing a make-n-take at the Papertrey Ink booth. Deb, Jenn, Carole, and Jimmi Mayo were no novice stampers, that's for sure! 


 Our evening ended with another wonderful meal shared with great friends!


Emma, Joanne, I, Kerry and Carole were all smiles! :) 



I do love this photo of Joanne and me! I miss you, girlie! :)


Well, if you're still reading -- thank you! I'm glad you could share the CHA experience with me! I am SO fortunate that every day I get to do what I love, and because of it my life has gone in directions I never imagined! I have some of the best friends in the world -- and I met them through this passion we all share!

Thank YOU for being a part of it all -- I'm so thankful for all of you! :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!
Christina

10 comments:

Kelli Hull said...

UGH!!! Thank you SO much for sharing this UBER AWESOME Trip with me!!!! I am JEAAAALOUSSSSS!!!!! :( I WILL make it one of these days.....

Traci Davis said...

Wonderful photos... It looks like you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing!

Karen Motz said...

These are fabulous pics!!!! I'm such a space cadet...I barely took any photos at all and I can't believe I didn't take one with you! We'll have to fix that at a future CHA. :)

Jodi Collins said...

What great pics!! LOVE them all Christina!! You are SO cute!! I wish I was there!

Unknown said...

LOVE the pictures...and seeing all those awesome designers! I'm thrilled that you had such a great time and even got to meet some of The Dream Team! All fabulous ladies, each and every one!

Tracy said...

Great pictures Christina. It was almost like being there!!

Hugs,
Tracy

Melody said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I so wish I was there!

Erin Smetak said...

Awesome pictures Christina!!! And your comment about me was SO sweet!!! Thank you! And I return the compliment right back to YOU!!! It was SUCH a pleasure to meeet you! YOU are super sweet too!!!

Carolyn King said...

GREAT pics. It was awesome meeting you, sweet girl!
Cannot believe we only got one pic together (with the big ole cake!) Have to get better about taking pictures. What fun we all had!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh girl! All of your pictures are WONDERFUL! So glad you had a good time!! I sure do hope we can meet someday!!!