Tuesday, December 1, 2009

MFTeaser #2: Alpha Dots

Happy Tuesday, and Happy December! Yikes -- 24 days 'til Christmas!!

Today I have a MFTeaser of a fun set that is totally Kim's creation! It's an alphabet set called Alpha Dots. The letter circles (in that familiar MFT font) can be stamped directly onto paper or cardstock, or they are perfectly punched out with a 3/4" circle punch. You can stamp a title or sentiment in any color to coordinate with your project -- how fun is that?

I used the set to make a Valentine Tic Tac Toe game. The candy images are from the new Amanda Baird set Love at First Sight. The center of the board is a 6x6 piece of BasicGrey Bittersweet paper. I marked and drew lines at 2-inch intervals to make the squares. The background is a piece of October Afternoon Ducks in a Row paper cut to 8 1/4 x 10 3/4, then matted on MFT Hot Fudge and SU! Pink Pirouette cardstock. I machine stitched around the paper panels, then I added ribbon, button, twine, and a Heidi Swapp Ghost Shape heart.


Each letter was stamped in SU! Regal Rose ink, punched out with a 3/4" circle punch, sponged with SU! Chocolate Chip ink, then matted on a 1" Chocolate Chip circle.

The candy images were stamped, colored with Copics, and punched out. I added some Cinnamon Stickles to some of the candies for a little extra sweetness! :)

Wanna see more fun with Alpha Dots? Several of the MFT DT and December Temp Team girls have more samples to show you! Kim will have the list on her blog HERE at 11 am Eastern, so go check it out! There is a lot of good stuff out there in Blogland, I tell ya! ;)

I'll have one more MFTeaser to show you tomorrow! Also, don't forget about the Release Cocktail Party tomorrow night! Join us on the MFT Member Company Forum from 8-10 pm Eastern, and then get ready to Hop and Shop at 10:00 pm when the sets go live!

That's all for today! I'm so glad you stopped by!

Have a fantastic day!
Christina

13 comments:

Tracey said...

This is incredible Christina! What a fabulous gift idea!!

Lisa H. said...

wow! what a great idea, love it. coloring is fab and so are those letters!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, this is the cutest idea. Thanks for sharing!

Kerry Johnson said...

So fabulous Christina!! Love this idea!

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect Chris, I love this.

Julie Dinn said...

Wow! Christina, this is just gorgeous!

Melody said...

This is just the cutest idea! It is such a fun little gift!

g said...

this is super cute!

StampOwl said...

ohhhhhhhh I absolutely love this

Michele Boyer said...

What an adorable idea, Christina! So cute!!

Barbara said...

Super, super cute idea, Christina! I love it!

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my gosh, another brilliant idea!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Chris said...

that is so cute and fun! I love everything about it.