Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I couldn't help it...

I had planned to take a few days off, but I just couldn't help myself! I checked out this week's SCS Color Challenge (Crushed Curry, Real Red, Sahara Sand), and I saw that Kim had provided a sample, so I wanted to play along, too! I haven't played in a color challenge for such a long time, so it was fun! I have to admit, this combo threw me at first -- I'm not a huge fan of Crushed Curry (it just seems like a dirty Summer Sun to me!). But, the more I worked on this card, the more I loved it! I hope you like it, too! :)

I'm going to join my girls downstairs to watch a Christmas movie or two, so I'll keep this short. Thank you so much for the visit -- enjoy the rest of your Christmas week! :)

Christina

Stamps: Cool Yule (MFT) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko) Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Real Red (SU!) Paper: Jolly by Golly Mini Deck (Cosmo Cricket) Other: Copics, Labels Four Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Jumbo snowflake punch (Marvy), snowflake punch (Martha Stewart), Icicle Stickles, Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger), Crushed Curry ribbon, oval punches, corner rounder (SU!), button, twine, rhinestone sticker, dimensionals, sewing machine

6 comments:

Denise said...

Love this card! Very cute image. I always think snow in Hawaii...maybe one day! LOL
Happy Holidays.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Danni said...

Love this!! Just so fun!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Christina! So glad you didn't stick to your plan of taking a couple of days off. ;)

Merry Christmas to you and yours!! xx

Davi said...

This is such a darling card. Love the way you used the curry with the dp. Its such a perfect come!!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute!

Shelly said...

Wow! What a fun color combo with that image! I love it and all the sparkle! Great card!