Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gifts in a Jiffy!

Happy Thursday, everyone! I'm still making and packaging treats to give to friends, neighbors, teachers, bus drivers -- you get the idea! :) These MFT Perfect Packaging Jars make such a quick and easy presentation of any gift! This week, Kim's MFT Wednesday Stamp Club challenge is Holiday Gifts in a Jiffy -- just what I needed to finish up my gifts!

Here is my candy cane jar, filled with Candy Cane Bark. An easy treat to make, and an easy presentation!

I used Alpha Dots to stamp the greeting for the lid. I punched the letters out with a 1/2" circle punch, and they're matted on 3/4" circles. The large circle and scalloped circle were cut with Nestabilities, but Marvy punches do the trick too! The striped paper is from the BasicGrey Figgy 6x6 pad.

The tag was made with one of the Labels Four Nestabilities dies. The candy cane image is from the Santa Baby set, and the sentiment is from the I Want Candy MFT Kit. The tag is tied on with some fun fibers from my stash, and the dotted ribbon is from the Candy Cane Kisses ribbon nest. I had to add some Baby Braddies, too!


Now, here's the easy peasy recipe for Candy Cane Bark!

Candy Cane Bark
2 pkgs (10 oz each) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg (10 oz) white chocolate chips
candy canes (about 5 large or 10 small)

Melt the semi-sweet chocolate. Spread onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place in refrigerator to cool and set. Meanwhile, melt white chocolate. Pour white chocolate over cooled semi-sweet chocolate, and spread, making swirls. Crush candy canes and sprinkle over white chocolate. Again place in refrigerator to cool and set. When set, peel the paper from the back and break the chocolate into pieces. Package in jars or bags for gift giving!

I hope you have some fun ways to create holiday gifts in a jiffy! I'd love for you to share them! Thanks so much for stopping by today! :)

Have a great day!
Christina

1 comment:

Allison said...

This is so cute! Love the ribbon on it!