Monday, December 21, 2009

Gift Certificate Envelope

Hello! Happy Monday! Today's project is a gift certificate holder. Although most stores and restaurants have gift cards now, you'll sometimes find places where they have gift certificates. We purchased one for a Christmas gift, but like any self-respecting papercrafter, I just wouldn't settle for the standard envelope! I made a festive, sturdy, and re-usable gift certificate envelope! Here's what I did (click on any photo for a closer view!):

1) I started with a 12" x 12" piece of cardstock, and I cut it to 9" x 10 1/4". I scored along the long side at 2" and 6 1/4".

2) I folded along the score lines and placed 1/8" Scor-tape along the sides of the large bottom panel. Then I folded up the bottom and adhered it securely to create the front of the envelope.

3) I cut panels to cover the front, back, and top flap. On the front, under the top flap, I wanted to create a notch so that the certificate was visible when the envelope was opened. I marked the center of each layer so the circles would line up correctly.

4) Then I punched the circles with a 1 3/8" circle punch.


5) I adhered all the paper layers to the envelope base. I added some magnetic discs so the flap would stay closed.

6) Finally, I stamped a greeting and embellished the front.


That's it! It's pretty basic stuff, and you could certainly adjust your measurements for your particular certificate. Much better than a plain ol' envelope, don't you think?

Thank you so much for taking time to visit during this busy week! I really do appreciate it!

Have a great day! :)
Christina

Stamps: Festive Labels (Gina K Designs) Ink: Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red (SU!) Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla (SU!), Pure Poppy (PTI) Paper: Garland (Scenic Route) Other: Scalloped circle and circle punches (Marvy), corner rounder, 1 3/8" circle punch (SU!), ribbon (MFT), button, twine (PTI), Xmas Red Stickles (Ranger), Magnetic Discs (BasicGrey)




5 comments:

MelissaS said...

thanks for posting this! I did purchase a paper certificate to give this year and I will be using your template :) Happy Holidays!

Allison said...

This is so great - definitely better than a plain envelope! THanks for posting how to make it!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic, Christina! This would work for money too! Awesome girl! TFS! Happy Holidays!

Waseem said...

Do you have some templates for Gift Card envelopes to share?

shamraiz said...

How soft color you choose for it...I wish to use it in my own Gift Card envelopes.