Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hot Chocolate in a Jar

Happy Sunday! I'm sure that many of you, like me, have been crazy busy with work, kids, and holiday plans. I haven't had nearly as much stamping time as I'd like lately! I did get a fun project completed for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club. The challenge this week is Gifts in a Jar. I used a Perfect Packaging Square Jar to package some of my Hot Chocolate Malt Mix.

I stamped Flopsey and cut out the image, then I mounted it over embossed cardstock. It looks like the snow is falling around Flopsey, doesn't it? I used Liquid Applique on the mitten cuffs and hat pom pom. The dotted ribbon is from the Gifty Girl MFT Kit.

This Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly paper was perfect for my project. I used Marvy punches to make the circles for the lid, then I zig zag stitched the paper to the cardstock. The Heidi Swapp ghost snowflake was just the right size to top the circles! I printed out the instructions and created the tag. The mug is from the set Coffee? Tea?. I paper pieced it and added more Liquid Applique to the top. The tag is tied around the button so it can be removed and used again!

Since it's Sunday, I have a recipe for you! It's the recipe for the hot chocolate mix! This makes a BIG batch, which you can then package into several jars or bags. It really does taste like a hot chocolate malt! :)

Hot Chocolate Malt Mix

25-oz. pkg. powdered milk
16-oz. jar powdered non-dairy creamer
16-oz. jar hot chocolate mix
13-oz. jar malted milk powder
1c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla powder
2 c. mini marshmallows

Use a wire wisk to combine all ingredients. Equally divide mix into jars or plastic zipping bags. Attach instructions to each. Makes about 13 cups.

Thank you so much for the visit today! Have a great day! :)

Christina

9 comments:

Kelli Hull said...

HOLY COW but that is a YUMMY sounding recipe!!!!

AND I MUST FIND CC Jolly by Golly!!! I am seeing it EVERYWHERE on you BIG GIRL STAMPERS CARDS/CREATIONS!!!!! Grrr.... I NEED SOME!!!! LOL

Have an AWESOME WEEK!!!! My weekend is FIVE Days this week!!! :)

Christi Flores said...

Good gosh is this fantastic!!!!!!

Katie Cotton said...

this is just adorable!

Jackie Pedro said...

EEK!!! YUMM-O! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the recipe! My grandmother used to make a hot chocolate mix and nobody knew what happened to the recipe! I'm going to make it this week!!

The jar is DARLING, Christina! Have a great week!

Tracey said...

This is so adorable Christina!! I love it!!

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic gift, Christina! Thanks for the recipe...yum!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous gift idea Christina! I'm always looking for inexpensive, homemade gifts to give to my multitude of friends for xmas. Thanks!

Tracy said...

YUMMY!!! Pour me a cup PLEASE! LOVE this Christina. What a thoughtful little gift this would make.

Amy Rohl said...

You are a life saver, Christine! I have some of these jars, hadn't a clue what I was going to do with them, but I have a few people to give quick and sweet gifts--this is perfect!

hey, what's vanilla powder?

Hugs,
Amy