Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Two Challenges in One!

Hello! Happy Tuesday! I made this card for today's Color Challenge and also for yesterday's Technique Challenge (faux dry embossing). I have to say that this design didn't translate to paper the way I had planned -- it was a lot different in my head. Oh well, I think it turned out okay anyway! I was glad to use my SU! stamps -- they've been much too neglected lately!

I stamped the flourish from Baroque Motifs once in White Craft ink and again in Creamy Caramel, using a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it positioned just right. I stamped the flowers in Rose Red, cut them out, and attached them with the black brads. I added distressing and piercing to the edges of the panels, and I sponged around the sentiment to "dirty" it up just a bit.

I did some actual dry embossing along the bottom with my Cuttlebug and Frills embossing border -- I like the way it "peeks" out from the torn cardstock. I added black satin ribbon to the front and finished the inside of the card.

Tomorrow is the ATS Challenge -- it's a fun one! I hope you'll stop back! Thanks so much for the visit today -- have a great day! :)

All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Baroque Motifs Ink: Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, White Craft Cardstock: Rose Red, Kraft, Basic Black, Whisper White Other: black brads, stamping sponge, paper piercing tool and mat pack, Cutter Kit, dimensionals, black satin ribbon (May Arts), Cuttlebug and Frills border (Provo Craft)

7 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

So pretty...and this one really looks like it is embossed!

Alyssa S said...

This is beautiful! I love this set and yet hardly use it - thanks for the inspiration to get it out again! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Christina!!

Cathy Rulli said...

Beautiful!!!! Love it!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!! I love that layout!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

It's fabulous! That panel totally looks just like your ran it through the Cuttelbug! I have got to give that faux dry embossing a try!

Donna Baker said...

this is gorgeous, Christina!