Friday, August 1, 2008

Comfort & Peace


Hi there! It's been a busy few days around here, and I haven't had enough time to stamp! I did get this card finished today, though -- I needed a sympathy card for a friend whose mother died after suffering a stroke. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that sympathy cards are difficult to make. We certainly don't like the reason we have to make them, and often it's not easy to find the right words to say. That's why I love this set from Gina K. Designs, Comfort & Peace. The sentiments go beyond the standard "with sympathy," and they say what I would express in person.

For this card, I combined this week's SCS Sketch Challenge and Color Challenge. Now that Groovy Guava is retiring, I'm actually starting to like it! It figures, huh? I stamped Linen on the Sahara Sand card base and distressed all the edges of the panels. I added piercing, ribbon, and half pearls. The little dragonfly is from the CHF set Nature Silhouettes.

I'm going to have a busy weekend of stamping -- I have C.C. Designs previews to finish! Also, I get to post MFTeasers beginning Monday, since I'm the My Favorite Things August Guest Designer!! Woohoo! So many great new sets to share with you -- I can't wait! Thanks for visiting today -- I hope your weekend is a great one! :)

Stamps: Comfort & Peace (Gina K. Designs), Linen (SU!), Nature Silhouettes (CHF) Ink: Groovy Guava, Sahara Sand, Basic Black (SU!) Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Groovy Guava, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Afternoon Tea (SU!) Other: Pretties Kit, paper piercer & mat pack, Cutter Kit (SU!); white organdy ribbon

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Christina,
What a gorgeous, soft card. These kind are very difficult to make.

CONGRATS on being MFT's guest designer for August. Kudos to you! You do amazing work.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Allison said...

This is gorgeous! Love your take on the colours!

Dawn Easton said...

Sorry to hear that your friend's Mom has passed away. The sympathy card you made for her is beautiful and I'm sure she'll appreciate your support.

Can't wait to see your MFT teasers!!

Christi Flores said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's Mom. How sad. This card is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on being this month's MFT guest designer!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

While it is sad to make the card, the thought and care that goes into it sure does shine on this project! It is beautiful!

Jennifer Love said...

This is SO gorgeous!

Sympathy cards are difficult for me to make. So much so that rather than making any in advance, I just buy one at the store. Is that weird?

Sorry to hear of you mom's friend. Peace to everyone.

Suzanne J Dean said...

This card is both beautiful and soothing--just right for a sympathy card. I find these cards hard to make and I fuss over them forever, but your's is just right. And the sheer ribbon is the jewel on top!
TFS--
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card, So often you want
to send another card after a sympthy card a few weeks later this is perfect. I love the pearls!
Just perfect!