Wednesday, August 20, 2008

School Days...

Hello! It's Wednesday, so it's time for the ATS Wednesday Challenge. This week's challenge is a sketch from Amy Rysavy. It's a simple sketch with many possibilities!

Since two more of my kids went back to school today, I made my card in honor of them. I used Olivia from Olivia's Birdies and the sentiment and backpack from Daphne Goes to School, both by C.C. Designs. The paper is Sugared by BasicGrey. Olivia is colored with Copics. I stamped the sentiment repeatedly on the yellow paper to create a background. The backpack was stamped on the flowered paper, cut out, and popped up on dimensionals. I used a craft knife to cut a slit under Olivia's hand, and I slipped the handle of the backback into it. Embellishments are SU! ribbon and Dew Drops.

Today I sent Megan off to her first day of high school and Anna off to her first day of first grade, all within twenty minutes. It didn't hit me until I walked back into the house. Poor Chris, he didn't know what to do with me... :(

Here's my little first grader with her backpack full of supplies...


... and here she is getting on the bus.

Okay, back to the challenge...

Would you like to play along? Use keyword ATSDTC14 when uploading to a public gallery. All of the Wednesday Challenges are posted on the ATS Message Board HERE -- play along at any time! :)

I'm off to take Caroline out to lunch -- she's the only one left at home! Thanks for the visit today -- I hope you have a great day! :)

9 comments:

Alyssa S said...

Such a cute card and what a gorgeous daughter you have! :o) I like how you used the different sets - they go well together.

Alex said...

Oh how cute.....oh yeah, your card is pretty adorable too, lol!! Awesome pics, she is just totally darling! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Ifat Art said...

The card is great!
Wish your girls a great year in school!

IfatArt.

Heather said...

great card, love the colours (very autumnal). your little first grader looks well weighed down by that backpack! :)
hugs

Anonymous said...

darling card.....and that's the uniform I used to wear as a kid as well....flashback for me, too!!

diane zechman said...

so cute- your words are lined up so perfectly!

Anonymous said...

This is just darling perfect for all your Mom friends you know struggle with the 1st day of school
Be it first grade or Freshmen year
of college I had both this year with a college sophmore thrown in just to add more tears!
What a way to brighten the day!
PS You in Band Seriously!
Traci

Anonymous said...

Love this card! And the photos are priceless!

Jennifer Love said...

Oh, I don't see how you moms can do it. To send off your babies all alone on that big ole school bus to the big ole school! It breaks my heart!

What a sweetie pie!

And that card! Ooh. Just lovely! I am just itching to get that stamp set this week so I can paper piece her! YIKES!