Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Cupcake with Sprinkles... and A Guest Designer Opportunity!

Hi there! Happy Thursday! My girls had a great first day of school yesterday. When I asked Anna how her day was she said, "It was great -- I already know ALL the rules!" That's pretty important when you're in the first grade! ;) Megan had a good day, too -- aside from not being able to find her locker! She attends the same high school I went to -- it was strange to see her walking out the door in the same uniform skirt I used to wear! Two of her teachers were two of mine! I'm in a time warp...

Okay, that's not the reason you're here, so I'll move on to the card! I made this one for yesterday's SCS Sketch Challenge. I used some new goodies on this one: new Cupcake dp, new Cupcake Affair stamp set from Verve Stamps, and new Circle Nestabilities!! I paper pieced the top of the cupcake and colored the rest with Copics. I sponged the edge of the image circle with Pretty in Pink ink.


Here's some big ATS news:

Do you want to be a Guest Designer working with the latest stamps from C.C. Designs?

What do you have to do? Participate in the Challenges and post links to your work. Upload your projects to the All That Scraps Gallery. There will not be a call for the guest spot, but the designer will be chosen by Amy and Christine via participants in the challenge/gallery uploads, etc.

We will have our official first Guest Designer in October - he/she will receive all the stamps being released that month!! Good luck to all of you -- can't wait to see your creations! See THIS POST on the ATS Blog for the details.

That's it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by -- I hope you have a great day! :)

Card Details:
Stamps: Cupcake Affair (Verve Stamps) Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Pretty in Pink (SU!) Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue (SU!) Paper: Cupcake 6x6 pack (BasicGrey) Other: Ciao markers (Copic); pink dotted grosgrain ribbon (May Arts); Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); horizontal slot punch, Real Red brad, stamping sponge (SU!); Got Flowers? (Prima); dimensionals

2 comments:

Alex said...

Really cute card, Christina!! Wow! The same teachers, that is amazing!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jennifer Love said...

Ooh....I LOVE cupcakes! Great card! Great stamp! Great paper!

Don't you love the pieces the circle nestabilities?! They were one of my first purchases back in January when I started stamping. :D