Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sketch Challenge Card


I made this card for yesterday's Sketch Challenge on SCS. I think this is a great sketch -- but it wasn't an easy one for me. Let's just say that Geometry was not my favorite class in high school. I am mathmetically challenged, and angles are not my friends. So, after much working and re-working, I was finally able to arrange the panels correctly!

The card base is River Rock card stock. The panels are BasicGrey Stella Ruby paper matted on Chocolate Chip cardstock. For the focal image, I used the paper piecing technique. I stamped the image from Year After Year once on Very Vanilla cardstock and again on the Stella Ruby paper. I cut out the cake part of the paper image and adhered it over the image on the cardstock. I used my Blender Pen and inks (Cameo Coral, So Saffron, and River Rock) to color the heart, pedestal and shadow. I punched the image out using a Mega Oval punch (Marvy Uchida), and then I sponged Cameo Coral around the edge. I matted it on a Chocolate Chip oval punched with a Giga Scalloped Oval punch (Marvy Uchida). I pierced the scallops with a Paper Piercer. The sentiment is from Happy Everything and is stamped on Very Vanilla cs with Choc Chip ink. I punched it out with the Small Oval punch, sponged the edges with Cameo Coral, and matted it on Chocolate Chip punched with the Large Oval punch. I added three Ice Circles brads, and I backed them with Choc Chip 3/4" circles so they would pop a little more.

To finish the card, I sponged around the card base with Close to Cocoa ink, tied the ribbon (Jacksonbelle Embellishments), and mounted the ovals on Stampin' Dimensionals.

This card will probably go to my daughter Megan, who turns 13 in 2 weeks. It looks like a "young lady" card, and she's certainly becoming a young lady! :)


All supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

2 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like you got the geometry just right - it's a beautiful card :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card. That was one hard sketch!