Thursday, August 16, 2007

A BBQ Invitation


I haven't had as much time to stamp as I wanted this week! Today was Kyle's first day of high school, and the girls start school next week, so we've been doing a lot of last minute school shopping!! Plus, Kyle had his first two Freshman Soccer games this week (he scored the first goal of the season Monday!). And, on top of that, tomorrow is Megan's 13th birthday! Phew!! So, when I need a quick stamping fix, I turn to the challenges at SCS. Yesterday's Sketch Challenge was a layout with straight lines -- perfect for me, since I didn't have time to do a lot of thinking! :)

Since it's still so daggone hot here, I went with a summer theme. I pulled out the retired Backyard BBQ set. I love this set and can't part with it! I used Basic Black, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock. The red panel was dry embossed with my Cuttlebug and the Tiny Mosaic embossing folder (Provo Craft). I stamped the apron on some patterned paper from My Mind's Eye, then cut it out and adhered it so it would be "out of the box." I colored the hamburgers and hot dogs with my Blender Pen and several inks: Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Garden Green, and Summer Sun. I stamped Itty Bitty Backgrounds around the images with Basic Black ink. The sentiment is from Hugs & Wishes and is stamped in Basic Black. I pierced below the sentiment and along the sides of the long panel. I sponged around the white panels with Real Red. The photo corner was made with the Photo Corners punch. I sponged around it with Basic Black and added black Vintage Brads. I tied gingham ribbon around the red embossed panel and mounted the other panels on Stampin' Dimensionals. If the weather ever drops below 90 degrees, maybe we'll have a cookout and I'll get to use this invitation! Stay cool, and thanks for visiting! :)

All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo darling! Your making me bummed I never got this set! :) Great card! :)

Bethany Paull said...

Great card! I love the apron being out of the box. And the photo corner is great. I finally ordered mine. Should be here next week. Yeah!