Friday, August 24, 2007

Girls Night Out!

My friend Traci and I put together a Girls Night Out ensemble to be used as a silent auction item for an upcoming fundraiser. I wanted to show you my contribution. The container is the Celebrations Bowl from Southern Living at Home. It is shaped exactly like a martini glass! Inside the bowl are six note cards/invitations with coordinating envelopes and six drink charms. I also added a Cranberry Nut Mix from Dean and Deluca. Once Traci adds the Cosmopolitan Mix, glasses, and sugar rimmer, we'll be in business!

Here is a closeup of the card and envelope (you can click on any of the photos for an even closer look). When I was at Michaels yesterday, I picked up a box of textured card fronts with envelopes from DCWV. The color I used on my cards is a perfect match to Regal Rose. I added some Petals & Paisleys paper to the bottom, and I used All in a Row, stamped in Tempting Turquoise, to create the faux stitched border at the top. I then tied Tempting Turquoise grosgrain around the middle and attached it to the So Saffron card base. The image is Cosmobella, from Stamping Bella. The sentiment is from The Cat's Pajamas. I smile every time I read it! Both are stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment was punched out with a 1 3/8" Circle Punch. I sponged Regal Rose around the image panel and sentiment. Both are matted on Tempting Turquoise. The sentiment mat was punched with the Scalloped Circle punch, and I added dots with a Marvy white gel pen. I colored Bella with Prismacolor Pencils and I paper pieced her shirt with the Petals & Paisleys paper. Both the image panel and sentiment are mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals.

I used the same martini glass image on the envelope and drink charms. It's from Village Arts Press, and I found it in the Michael's $1 bin. To make each charm, I stamped the martini glass and the sentiment from Stamping Bella on a Confetti White circle tag. I again used the Prismas to color each martini a different color. For the final touch, I applied Crystal Effects lacquer to the entire glass -- it intensified the colors and made the glasses look more realistic! I added Silver Cord for the tie-ons.
I can taste those Cosmos now! Do you have a favorite martini flavor? Mine is the Lavender Cosmo -- complete with the Lavender sugar rim! :) Have a great Friday!
All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! You have outdone yourself on this!!! Good luck with the silent auction too! This is sure to be a HIT!!

Sew Club said...

These are great! I have that sentiment stamped somewhere from a friend! I thought about using it for my last Cosmobella card, but there wasn't enough room! Too cute!

Sharon said...

This is a great idea! I'm sure you will make quite a bit with this wonder gift package. Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

This is GREAT!!! I just love how you packaged it all up! That is so totally classic!!!

Ashley said...

Such an adorable idea! You coloring is so AWESOME!! hugs! Ash~

www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a great contribution to the auction!!! Wow! Love those tags!!