Friday, August 3, 2007

Sensational Sentiments

Today's Limited Supplies Challenge at SCS was to use a sentiment as your card background. You could use other background stamps on your card also, but no Cuttlebug or designer papers. It was a fun challenge for me! I never think to use sentiments for backgrounds -- this got me to think out of my usual box.



Here's the card I came up with! I used Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White cardstock. Ink used is Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Chip. The sentiment and animal images are from the Wild About You set. I also used the Polka Dot background stamp on the Pumpkin Pie panel. My Stamp-a-ma-jig got a workout on this one -- I didn't trust myself to eyeball the sentiment each time, so I used the SAMJ to position it. The Pumpkin Pie panel is matted with Chocolate Chip, and I used Scallop Paper Edgers (Fiskars) on the top and bottom. I used the Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to pierce around the image, then I sponged the edges with Wild Wasabi ink. I punched out a photo corner with the Photo Corners punch, sponged around it with Chocolate Chip, and added Vintage brads. I then added Chocolate Chip and wild Wasabi stitched grosgrain ribbon and mounted the center image and photo corner on Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think this will be a perfect birthday card for one of the many nephews I have! I love how it turned out! :)

All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

4 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

I'm so glad I found your blog through your post at SCS! You have FANTASTIC cards!!!

Sharon said...

Such a cute card! I love the colors together. I'm sure any little one would enjoy this card.

You have a great blog!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love the sentiment as a background! Great color combo and I love the photo corner too!

Anonymous said...

Christina, that looks wonderful! I love this card. Hugs and smiles