Monday, March 10, 2008

A Touch of Spring

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! Around here the snow starting to melt, the temperatures are climbing, and there is a promise of spring in the air. With that in mind, I made this card for Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try. I don't make long cards very often, so this sketch was fun for me. The finished card size is 8 1/2" x 4", and it will fit in a business size envelope. You can click on the photo to see it better -- those long cards are hard to photograph! :) I used the retired SU! set Blooming With Happiness. On the Barely Banana cardstock I stamped Pretty Petals in Barely Banana ink. The flowers were made with the Boho Blossoms Punch, and the centers are Sugarcoated Brads by Doodlebug Design (available at All That Scraps). I have been using these little brads a lot lately! They come in several yummy colors and give just the perfect amount of sparkle to your project! The heads are a little larger than those on SU! brads, so they work better if you need a center for a larger flower (like a Prima).


I colored the image with SU! markers. I sponged around the white oval with Certainly Celery ink, and I sponged around the scalloped oval and the three flowers with White Craft ink. I couldn't help adding some dots with my Marvy white gel pen. I scalloped the bottom edge of the paper with a 3/16" corner rounder (paper guide removed), and I added some dotted ribbon to the image panel. The Banana panel and the scalloped oval are mounted on dimensionals.

That's about it! I hope this card gets you thinking about spring! Thanks for stopping by today -- I appreciate it so much! Have a great day! :)


Stamps: Blooming With Happiness, Pretty Petals background (SU!) Ink: Basic Black, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, White Craft (SU!) Cardstock: Barely Banana, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Pocket Full of Posies glitter stack (DCWV) Other: Mega Oval Punch & Giga Scalloped Oval Punch (Marvy Uchida), Stampin' Write Markers - Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Orchid Opulence (SU!), Boho Blossoms punch (SU!), 3/16" Corner Rounder (SU!), orchid dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts), Sugarcoated Brads (Doodlebug Design), White Gel Excel pen (Marvy), Stamping Sponge & Stampin' Dimensionals (SU!)

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I've always had such a hard time using this set, but you rocked it!

Way to go!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty!!! love your flowers!

Anonymous said...

How darling!! I love the paper and layout! It's got me in the spring mood!! :)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

OH SO SPRINGY!!!!!!!!! Bring on the happy spring weather! I love it Christina!

Dawn Easton said...

Super card...love those brads! So pretty!

Jen said...

This is very springy...love the color combo. I will have to try this layout I've never work with that card side. Wonderul card!

Alex said...

Your card turned out gorgeous Christina! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

lovely card

Alli Miles said...

I really needed to see this spring card because after all the rain, fog and wind I have seen I am ready for something fresh. You did a beautiful job. Love the spring colours too.

Anonymous said...

So pretty! And springy!! :)

Julie said...

This is very pretty, love the papers