Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cherries, Anyone?

Hi there! Happy Wednesday! It's a beautiful spring day here -- sunny, blue skies, and temps near 60 degrees F. It's the perfect day to share this fun summery card with you! The layout is Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try. As soon as I saw her sketch, I knew I wanted to use this paper and stamp set. Just about everything on this card is Stampin' Up!, with a couple exceptions. I added a little texture to the background paper with my Cuttlebug and Spots & Dots embossing folder. The Ruby Slipper Glitter Dots were purchased at All That Scraps.
Actually, the best part about this card is the way it smells. Yep, the way it smells. All That Scraps carries the coolest product for your cards -- Card Scents by Simply Sistas. They come in lots of yummy flavors, and you just brush a little around your image panel to make it smell terrific! I used cherry on this one, and I'm telling you it smells sooooo good! It's so much fun!

Oh, I wanted to share some fun news with you -- yesterday Queen Kat's Bloggers Club featured my blog! If you check out the post you just may find out a little-known fact about me! ;)

That's it for today! I'll be back with another card tomorrow -- I hope you'll stop back! Thanks so much for visiting today -- have a fantastic day! :)

Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Hugs & Wishes Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Basic Black Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White Paper: Summer Picnic Other: Real Red Striped Grosgrain, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch, glue dots, dimensionals, white gel pen, sponge, Cuttlebug and Spots & Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft), Ruby Slipper Glitter Dots (Jesse James), Cherry Card Scents (Simply Sistas)

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome!

Dawn Easton said...

Super cute Christina! I love that DP and stamp set! Shoot I missed ordering some of those card scents this morning! Oh well...next time ;)

Debbie said...

What a delicious card!! I can almost smell the cherries. Glad to hear it is warming up there.

Anonymous said...

This card is so bright and cheery! Love it!
-Krissy

Anonymous said...

that's an adorable card!

Arlene,
Poulsbo florist

Anonymous said...

What a darling card!! LOVE the colors and cherries! LOVE it all!! It's sweet as can be!

Alex said...

Really cute card Christina - love the colors and the cherries!! Totally great for spring and then yeah, summer!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

OOoooooo....a cherry scented card!!! How YUMMY!! I really like how you used the dp for the squares! Super cute card!

GiftsByHeidi said...

How cute!! I love everything about this card. I have never heard of scents for cards!! How cool.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is just the sweetest card! What a wonderful job you did with the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us! :D