Thursday, March 6, 2008

Still Dusting Off My Supplies...


Hello there! I'm back with another installment in my "Neglected Items" series! :) This time, I dusted off my SU! Spiral Punch. It's not that I don't love it, because it's actually one of my favorite punches, but I just forget to use it! I only think to get it out if I'm doing an "office themed" project, but it is a great way to add interest to anything. You can create faux filmstrips or just add a fun border, like I did on this card. I created this card for the Guest Designer Challenge on the My Favorite Things Forum at SCS. I stopped by the forum last night for the MFT Release Party -- it was crazy as usual! During the party the GD Challenge was posted -- the challenge is to make a project with a monochromatic color scheme. The set I used is Serenity Now, from last month's MFT release. It hadn't seen ink before today -- that counts as neglected, doesn't it? ;) The background paper is BasicGrey Perhaps, and the girls are paper pieced with SU! Bali Breeze. The rest of the images are colored with Copics. I curved the sentiment on the acrylic block before stamping -- one of the benefits of those clear stamps! I added some distressing and machine stitching, and the panels are mounted on dimensionals. This was a fun card to make, and I'm glad I used my forgotten punch!

Tomorrow is another Amy's Sketch Challenge at All That Scraps -- you can be sure my card will include some more neglected supplies! Thanks so much for visiting today -- have a wonderful day!

Stamps: Serenity Now (MFT) Ink: Basic Black, Brilliance Graphite Black Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Perhaps (BasicGrey), Bali Breeze (SU!) Other: Copic Markers; Spiral Punch, Pretty in Pink brads, Cutter Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals (SU!); flower (Prima Marketing), ribbon (May Arts), sewing machine & pink thread

5 comments:

Pat S. said...

I have that BG pad, but couldn't decide what to do with that particular sheet...such a strange color. I like how you blended it with Pomegranate...looks great!

Alex said...

Very cute card Christina and I love how you used that punch - can you believe I have owned it forever and NEVER used it *gasp* I need to get it out right now! I love the papers you used for this and that flower looks gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card and how you used the spiral punch. I have the punch and love it but I think I've only used it once! Yikes. This is such a beautiful example / inspiration.

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Christina! Love the colors, the flower, the notebook punches...distressing....all of it!

Julie said...

This is lovely, love the colour