Friday, March 7, 2008

Another Post on a Snowy Day

THIS is what it looks like in my backyard right now. The snow is still falling -- 8-10 inches (possibly 12) by tomorrow. The kids are all home, Anna's doctor's appointment was cancelled, and Megan's volleyball tournament tomorrow has also been cancelled (whew!). I usually don't get a chance to post twice in one day, but hey -- there's not much else to do!! Since today's Limited Supplies Challenge is quick mini cards, it didn't take long for me to put this one together. I combined it with the Color Challenge that Cammie posted on the Gina K Designs forum at SCS. This card is 4" square. All images on this card are from Gina K Designs. The focal image and sentiment are from Baskets of Happiness, and they are stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black ink on SU! Shimmery White cardstock. I used Scalloped Frames & Doodles on the scalloped circle. The image is colored with Copics, and I sponged around the circle with Certainly Celery ink. I need to get a little spring wherever I can right now, so this card will have to do! :) I think that's all for me today -- if the snow keeps falling, I just might have several projects to share tomorrow!!


Stamps: Baskets of Happiness, Scalloped Frames & Doodles (Gina K Designs) Ink: Certainly Celery, White Craft (SU!), Brilliance Graphite Black Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, Shimmery White (SU!) Paper: Prints Sampler (SU!) Other: Copic markers, Giga Scalloped Circle Punch & Mega Circle Punch (Marvy Uchida), dotted ribbon (May Arts), 1/8" handheld punch, Stamping Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals (SU!)

12 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

WOW! This is just stunning! Your coloring rocks.Truly amazing :D

Alex said...

This is really stunning Christina - just a beautiful Easter card!! And, that little guy in the tub makes me smile - both cards are really great!

I don't envy you with all that snow....well, except maybe the stampin' time!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Donna Baker said...

your card is gorgeous, Christina!

Pam Speidel said...

Beautiful! I love how you've colored the image to coordinate perfectly with the background papers. And the photo of your backyard is lovely too! THINK SPRING & happy stamping! Smiles, Pam :)

Anonymous said...

Christina! This is gorgeous!!! I love your color choices!! Wow! (And I'm glad we don't have that snow here!)

Dawn Easton said...

Christina, this is so pretty! Love Lilac and Celery together, so soft!
Your colouring is amazing too!
Oh my that is a lot of snow! It looks so nice though ;)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Beautiful card!!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card...its beautiful!!!!! TFS :-)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

So sweet! I love the eggs...you colored them so beautifully!

Alli Miles said...

Lauren captured the word I wanted to use...STUNNING is right. Your colouring is fabulous.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Just gorgeous!
that would mean I would HAVE to send cards to people if I made one though right? LOL! Love it-

Julie said...

This is so, so pretty