Friday, March 7, 2008

It's Tubby Time!



Happy Friday! As I look out my window, it's SNOWING... again. We're expected to get several inches over the next 24 hours. The kids are being released from school 2 hours early, and my afternoon Kindergartener doesn't have school today. Did anyone inform the Powers That Be that it's MARCH?!? Anyway, here's my card for this week's Amy's Friday Sketch. In keeping with my theme this week, I used a neglected stamp on this one. Tubby Time is one of the first C.C. Designs stamps I received, and it's so darn cute. I don't use it nearly enough. The background is the Polka Dots Big Ol' Background stamp. I paper pieced the tub and added Liquid Applique to the suds. Before the Liquid Applique was dry, I sprinkled some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter onto it to make the suds sparkle. Then I heat set it to puff it up. I added some sponging and faux stitching to the image panel, and I mounted it on dimensionals. The sentiment is from a Studio G clear stamp set I purchased from the Michaels $1 bin. I added some dots to the scallop and also mounted it on dimensionals.

That's about it! We're going to have a busy weekend, provided the snow isn't too bad. I will be in Louisville with Megan tomorrow for a volleyball tournament, and we are going to a St. Pat's party tomorrow night. I hope your weekend is a great one -- thanks so much for visiting today! :)

Stamps: Bitzy Bugz Tubby Time, Polka Dots Big Ol' Background (C.C. Designs), sentiment from Studio G Ink: Basic Black, So Saffron (SU!) Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Petals and Paisley (SU!) Other: Got Flowers (Prima Marketing); Soft Subtles brads, paper piercer and mat pack, scalloped circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, stamping sponge, Pretty in Pink marker, Certainly Celery marker, DD glitter (SU!); black gel pen, white gel pen (Marvy); Liquid Applique

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAwwwww - this is sooo cute! I love the colors and I think the flowers were a great addition. So sweet!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is one cute card. I love how you puffed up the soap bubbles.

Marja Sch said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love it. Lovely colours. Hugs Marja

Pat S. said...

Just too darn cute...have to smile when you look at it :)
We're due at least 6" down here...good luck getting to LSVL!

Unknown said...

So cute, I love it!!

Susie said...

Really sweet! And it was cute to hear the term Tubby time - that's what my daughter called my grandson's bath time.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This is adorable! And now my daughter is insisting I make a card like that for her. lol. You have another fan sitting here on my lap! :)