Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Color Challenge Card: A Soft Gray Whisper


Today's Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers is to use Soft Sky, Basic Gray, and Whisper White. I love the soft elegance that these colors create together, so I decided to do something simple with this card. I pulled out one of my most favorite SU! sets ever, The Art of Life. It's been retired for a few years now, but I don't think I can ever part with it. I stamped the flower image directly on the Afternoon Tea paper in Basic Gray ink, stamping off a few times. I sponged around the edges of the white cardstock with Soft Sky ink. This card also fits Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenge to use rounded corners. If you visit my blog regularly, you know that I often round just one set of opposing corners on my cards. Dunno why -- I just love the look. Sharon's challenge gave me just the reason to do it again! :)

There's not much more to explain here -- I hope you like it! Thank you so much for visiting -- have a wonderful spring day!

All products Stampin' Up! Unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: The Art of Life Ink: Basic Gray, Soft Sky Cardstock: Basic Gray, Crafters Select White (Papertrey Ink) Paper: Afternoon Tea Other: 3/16" corner rounder, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, Vintage Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge

13 comments:

Amy said...

So incredibly lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful ..great colors..didnt get to see the challenge yet but I love what you did with them!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card Christina!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Christina! I love how you stamped the flowers on the patterned paper! Gorgeous!

Deb said...

Ummm. . .WOW!

Sorry I'm not very eloquent with the praise, but seriously, WOW is the only thing I could think when I saw this card! It's beautiful!

Jenn D said...

This is so stunning. What an elegant card!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous.. one of my all time favorite stamp sets stamped directly on to that beautiful dp... breathtaking! I love this.

Anonymous said...

OOOH this is gorgeous!! I LOVE the layout, colors, so pretty!! :)

Lauren (mytime) said...

So soft & elegant! I just love the colors on this. I really need to get into the challenges MORE!

Melissa said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Many Blessings,
M.

Bethany Paull said...

Nice job on the challenge. You made such a pretty card. I really like the rounded corners too.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I absolutely adore this card!! I love the colors, your design, the flowers stamped on the DP -- a totally fabulous job!!! Love your rounded corners, too - so glad you could play -- thanks much!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! I love the colors