Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Keep Your Fingers Crossed...


I'm pretty excited -- Last week I was contacted by the managing editor of Take Ten magazine. She had seen my cards at Splitcoaststampers, and she asked if I would be interested in submitting cards for possible publication! Well... YES! So, I worked this week on creating a set of ten cards to submit -- all with the same color combination, designer paper, stamp set, and technique (paper piercing). The cards in Take Ten are ones that can be done in about 10 minutes, yet still look nice. Hopefully the ones I'm submitting are what they're looking for! Keep your fingers crossed -- I'll let you know if I'm accepted!!


I had some images and scraps left over when I was finished with the set, so I made one more card -- a little more detailed than the ones I'm submitting, but with the same colors, stamps, and paper. All products are Stampin' Up!. I used two new background stamps, Sanded and En Francais, and inked them with So Saffron. Here's what I did for the stamped images on the main panel: one flower image was inked with Bashful Blue and rock n rolled in Always Artichoke before stamping. The other image was inked in So Saffron and rock n rolled in Bashful Blue before stamping. The largest image in the foreground was inked in Always Artichoke for a solid silhouette. I pierced the Always Artichoke panel, added Rich Regals brads and the new Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon (love it!), punched the corners of the main panel and mat with the ticket corner punch, and attached the panel with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Recipe:

Cardstock: So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla

Paper: Le Jardin 12x12 Designer Series Paper

Classic Ink: Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Bashful Blue

Stamps: Garden Silhouettes (hostess set), Sincere Salutations, Sanded, En Francais

Accessories: Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Rich Regals brads, Very Vanilla 3/8 in Taffeta Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Technique: Paper Piercing

5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Best of luck with Take Ten!! That card is beautiful. It's stunning actually!!

Bethany Paull said...

Very beautiful! I love how you layered the colors and stamps for your centerpiece.

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Fabulous design.

Unknown said...

How gorgeous and how exciting! Good luck to you!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW this cards is soooo gorgeous!! I love ALL the cards you have on here! Your very talented! :D