Sunday, July 29, 2007

Cheerful Flowers



I hardly EVER use bright colors on my cards. So, when I saw jbalcer's Dirty Dare Challenge to use a cheerful color combination, I knew it was the challenge for me! I had plenty of the retired Dots & Dashes Designer Series Paper lying around (again, because I don't use bright colors on my cards), so I used that as my springboard for the card. Flowers seemed to be the natural choice for the image and embellishments. I created a card with lots of dots, flowers and scallops -- seems pretty cheerful to me! :)

I used the Polka Dot background stamp and Pixie Pink ink on the card base. The stamped image is from Sassy Stems, and the sentiment is from Warm Words Both were stamped with Basic Black ink. The flowers were colored with a Pixie Pink Stampin' Write marker, and the vase was colored using a Blender Pen and Tempting Turquoise ink from the ink pad lid. I sponged around the Whisper White panel with Green Galore ink, and stamped over the image with Itty Bitty Backgrounds inked with Tempting Turquoise. I added eyelets for the flower centers. The scallops were made with the corner rounder punch (paper guide removed). It can be done with the Slit Punch also. Julia Stainton has a great tutorial on how to make the scallops -- she's awesome! I punched a hole in each scallop with my 1/8" handheld punch. I put it all together, mounted the white panel on Stampin' Dimensionals, and added some Prima flowers. Hopefully I can use this cheerful card to brighten someone's day! :)

Recipe (all products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Sassy Stems, Warm Words, Polka Dot, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock: Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Design Series Paper: Dots & Dashes (retired)
Classic Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Pixie Pink
Accessories: Pixie Pink Stampin' Write Marker, Corner Rounder Punch (retired), 1/8" handheld punch, flowers (Prima Marketing, Inc.), eyelets (unknown manufacturer), Crafter's Tool Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals
Techniques: sponging, scallops

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how pretty! I just love that color combo and that paper is perfect with those flowers! Thanks so much also for linking my blog! :) Have a fabulous day!