Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Double Dirty Challenge


Since I'm playing "Catch Up" with the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges, I thought I'd combine two of the challenges from Friday: Cambria's Pink Challenge and Julia's Sketch Challenge. All Supplies are Stampin' Up! except for the Prima flower. I used two background stamps on the card base, "fingerwalked" lightly to give a subtle image. I sponged around the Pretty in Pink and Whisper White panels, and I distressed the panels and paper with the Cutter Kit. The flowers were colored in with a blender pen and Pretty in Pink ink from the ink pad lid: When the ink pad was closed, I squeezed the top and bottom together. When I opened the lid, there was a pool of ink left there. I dipped the tip of the blender pen into the ink and colored the flowers. I used a Rose Red Stampin' Write Marker to make the dots in the centers of the flowers. The white panel and Prima flower are mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals.

I'm off to a graduation party, so that's all the challenges for me today! :)

Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Simply Said, Looks Like Spring, En Francais background, Linen background
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper: Petals & Paisleys
Classic Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Blender Pen, Rich Regals Brads, Soft Subtles Brads, Cutter Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge, Rose Red marker, Prima flower
Techniques: distressing, sponging, fingerwalking

No comments: