Monday, July 30, 2007

Featured Stamper Challenge



On Sundays Splitcoaststampers has a Featured Stamper Challenge, where one of the SCS stampers has her/his gallery featured. The challenge is to CASE (copy) one of the cards, making a couple changes to the original. This week's FS is Lauraly (Laurie Schmidlin). I am a BIG fan of her work -- her blog link is in the list of my favorites on the right. I chose this card to CASE. I used different patterns of the BasicGrey Romani paper and SU! Almost Amethyst & Very Vanilla cardstock. The stamp sets used are Simply Said and Sincere Salutations, both SU!. Laurie used the same sets, but I chose a different sentiment. I used Pumpkin Pie and Real Red Classic ink.

I ran the paper through my Cuttlebug with the Bloom Dots A2 embossing folder (Provo Craft). I love the added dimension it gives. The ribbon is from the retired SU! Flirty Ribbon Originals. The ovals were punched out with Marvy Uchida Mega Oval & Giga Scalloped Oval Punches. I added glitter glue (Selwyn Industries) to the Romani paper and around the scallops. For the gem in the middle of the stamped flower, I couldn't find exactly what I needed -- I came across this jewel sticker in Anna's stash of art supplies! Sometimes the five-year-olds have the coolest stuff! :) The scalloped oval is mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals.

I hope I did justice to Laurie's original card -- it was a fun card to CASE! Check out her gallery -- she's an amazing stamper!!

No comments: