Saturday, July 28, 2007

Another Dirty Challenge








I haven't had as much time to do the SCS Dirty Challenges as I'd hoped. Anna was sick all day Thursday, and yesterday we were preparing for Kyle to have about 15 friends over -- all soon-to-be high school freshmen (eek!). Anyway, I'm catching up on my stamping today! Here's the card I made for Beate's Sketch Challenge from Thursday. It's a great sketch -- simple but full of possibilities! All supplies used are Stampin' Up!. I decided to play with the new Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper, and I pulled my colors from there. I used the Sanded background stamp -- again -- and this time I used it on the card base and on the designer paper. Actually, one of the reasons I HAD to have this stamp is to use it on patterned paper. You can easily achieve a shabby look, similar to that of the BasicGrey papers, simply by stamping over it with your choice of coordinating ink.



The first photo shows what the Cutie Pie paper looked like before I stamped over it. The second shows the paper after stamping over it with the Sanded background and White Craft ink. The difference is subtle, but it "ages" the paper just a bit. Click on the photos for a better look.


Now for the rest of the card! I stamped the sentiment from Happy Everything in Purely Pomegranate and Certainly Celery Classic Inks. I pierced the top and bottom of the white panel, matted it on So Saffron and Purely Pomegranate cardstock, and attached to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I punched a flower from another piece of the Cutie Pie paper using the 1" Circle Punch, then layered it on Bashful Blue punched with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. I added a Rich Regals Brad and Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched grosgrain, then I mounted it on Dimensionals. I added a row of Soft Subtles Brads to finish it off!

Quick Tip: Use the Paper Piercer and Piercing Template to get perfectly positioned brads or eyelets.

I had fun making this card -- hopefully I'll have more Dirty Dare cards to share later! :)

No comments: