Monday, September 24, 2007

Welcome, Fall!


I've decided that, even though it's STILL 90 degrees here, I will celebrate the coming of autumn! :) I used a sketch from Jen del Muro (genie1314). You can find it here on her blog. The stamps I used are Pumpkin Patch and Happy Harvest, both from Gina K. Designs. The cardstock is Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla, and the paper is from Daisy D.'s French Market Swatches. I purchased the paper and the gorgeous May Arts satin ribbon from Jacksonbelle Embellishments.

The card base is 5.25" square and was stamped with Weathered in Always Artichoke ink. The pumpkins were stamped in Basic Brown ink, then watercolored with my Aquapainter and inks -- Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, and Always Artichoke. I outlined the pumpkins and watercolored the ground with Creamy Caramel. The sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink, and the end was punched with the Word Window Punch. I sponged Pumpkin Pie around the sentiment and Always Artichoke around the pumpkin panel. I machine stitched around both panels. I added Rich Regals Brads to the image panel and mounted it on Stampin' Dimensionals.

This is my official welcome to fall -- I'm hoping it starts to feel like it around here soon! Thanks for visiting! :)

All products Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Christina, Simply Beautiful! The colors are TO DIE FOR...

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Christina! This card is stunning! You have put such fine details into it! Fantastic!

Bethany Paull said...

Wow. Fab. LOVE all the textures in your backgrounds.

Anonymous said...

this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!

thx for playing!

Tina said...

Simply stunning.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!! I love that dp with the pumpkins! Great colors and textures!

Anonymous said...

OOOOH that is soooo gorgeous! LOVE the stamps, paper, sewing, so beautiful!!!