Monday, September 24, 2007

File Folder Card

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was a good one! Kyle's 15th birthday was Saturday, so we did some celebrating with him. He got to choose dinner and his cake -- he picked Abuelo's and a Dairy Queen Reese Cup Blizzard cake -- YUM!! :)


I was able to get some stamping in last night. I took a look at the Featured Stamper at SCS -- starofmay -- and saw this File Folder Tag Card in her gallery. How cool! I decided to create one myself, so I changed the colors, papers and embellishments. I used the template she provided on her blog (and a great blog it is, too!). Everything is pretty straightforward, so I'll just provide you with the supplies. This card was fun to make -- I'd never done one before, but I'll be doing more! It will be perfect for my kids to give to Grandma -- one tag for each of them to personalize!

Check out starofmay's gallery -- she's a terrific stamper with a clean, fresh style! Thanks for stopping by -- have a great day! :)

All Supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Whisper White Paper: Cutie Pie double-sided paper Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron Stamps: Simply Said, Warm Words, Polka Dots & Paisley Other: Earth Elements brad, Wild Wasabi double-stitched grosgrain, Crafter's Tool Kit, Corner Rounder, Round Tab Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch, Large & Small Oval Punches, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle Punches, silver eyelets, white gel pen (Marvy), manilla file folder (Smead)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love love love love love love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

This is FABULOUS!!! I started one of these last week but only got as far as cutting and folding the folder haha!
Now that I see yours, I want to finish mine! LOVE what you did with yours and those papers are so fun!!!

2 Worlds said...

This is very pretty !

Anonymous said...

So cute! I definately want to try one of these!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! I've also seen something similar using a plain pocket folder. Great job!