Sunday, September 2, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge


I didn't think I'd get any more time to stamp this weekend, but I was able to sneak in a card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I used Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White Cardstock, and the paper is from We R Memory Keepers. I used Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set for the main image, and the sentiment is from Happy Everything. The background is Polka Dot. Inks used were Regal Rose, Rose Red, So Saffron, More Mustard, Certainly Celery, and Soft Sky.

I inked the flower pot with So Saffron, then I rock-n-rolled it in More Mustard before stamping. The stems and leaves were stamped in Certainly Celery, and the flowers are Regal Rose rock-n-rolled in Rose Red. The sentiment is stamped in Regal Rose. The background is stamped in Certainly Celery. The half circles were cut with a Fiskars Circle Cutter, and the ovals were made with the Small and Large Oval Punches. I used Soft Sky to highlight the pot and to sponge around the circle and small oval. The pot's shadow was done with So Saffron and a Blender Pen. Faux stitching was done with the Crafter's Tool Kit and a Chocolate Chip marker. All panels are distressed with the Cutter Kit. I added Rich Regals Brads and Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, and mounted the half circle and oval with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Thanks for taking a look -- have a great day and a great holiday! :)

All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christina, I absolutely love your card! It turned out amazing!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
Have a great week. Hugs and smiles

Lori said...

So pretty! I like the faux stitching detailing you added.

Sew Club said...

Super cute! Love the flowers and colors!

Jill said...

Very cute card!!

Anonymous said...

Christina this is super adorable!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card Christina! Love the DP you used too!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!