Friday, September 14, 2007

Christmas Berries


I had a chance to play with more of my new goodies! This time I used Stem Silhouettes and Season of Joy. I pulled the colors off the paper from the Winter Bright Simply Scrappin' Kit -- I love the cheery, wintery color combination! The cardstock is Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, and Whisper White. The Wild Wasabi panel was dry embossed with my ProvoCraft Cuttlebug and Spots & Dots embossing folder. I used White Craft Ink, applied from the pad directly to the paper (a technique called DTP), to highlight the embossing. The focal image from Stem Silhouettes was inked using Basic Black and Real Red markers. I added red glitter glue (Sulyn Industries) to the berries and sponged Wild Wasabi ink around the edges of the panel. I punched two 1/8" holes and tied Wild Wasabi stitched grosgrain around the stems. I added red eyelets (Making Memories) and stamped the sentiment from Season of Joy in Basic Black ink. The image panel is mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals. I really like the way it turned out! :)

We have a busy weekend ahead -- Kyle is playing in the Freshman Regional Soccer Tournament, and Megan has her Volleyfest Tournament too! Hopefully I'll get time for more stamping! Thanks for visiting -- have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Love your color combo and white ink on the dry embossing!

Sharon said...

Very pretty card! I really like how you added the craft white to the green paper. It's a nice added touch.

Dawn Easton said...

Wow those colours are beautiful together! I remember when pink and reds were no no's together...LOL
Awesome design!

Marie said...

I just found your blog and I love it! I love your style and am adding you to mt google reader YESTERDAY!!!! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Pretty!!! I love the bit of ribbon and the eyelets!!

Anonymous said...

Another darling job! I LOVE the colors and paper you made used with it! :)