Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Supper: Slow Cooker Chicken & Dressing

Hi there! Happy Sunday to you! My shopping day yesterday was VERY productive! I really crossed a lot off my list -- I feel like I can breathe a little easier today! Now my job today is to get the tree decorated! I'm about a week behind on that job!

Today's Sunday Supper recipe comes from my ATS Design Teammate, Diane Zechman. Pay her a visit at her blog, Paper Cookies. She is SO talented -- she's a SCS Dirty Dozen Alum, and she now has her own line of stamps at ATS, Cookie Crumbs. She shared this recipe with us during the stamp release party last week, and she's generously allowing me to share it with you! :)

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dressing

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt, pepper
4 slices cheese (Swiss or American)
1 can chicken broth
2 cans condensed cream of chicken (or celery) soup
4 cups packaged stuffing mix
¼ cup butter, melted

Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Add salt & pepper. Top each breast with cheese slice. Add broth & soups. Sprinkle stuffing mix over top. Pour melted butter over all. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.

Mmmmmmm -- thanks, Diane!! :)

I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday -- thanks so much for stopping by! :)

7 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this recipe sounds so yummy! I'll try it later this week!!! I can put it on in the morning before heading off to work at the school and then come home with dinner cooked! Love that! Thanks for sharing Diane's recipe with us!

Glad your shopping trip was a success! I got my tree up yesterday but now need to shop...lol

Nancy Riley said...

My DH is preparing this recipe as we speak! I'll let you know how the family likes it! TFS!

Nancy Riley said...

Christina, the recipe was a hit! A thumbs up from all family members! THANKS!

Anonymous said...

This sounds SO GOOD!! I'm printing the recipe right now!! TFS!!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Sounds like a lot of shopping was done, definetly less stress! The receipe sounds so good. I love using my crockpot. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Love said...

Mmm...this sounds perfect for a "cold" wintery day here!

Juanita said...

I had family in from out of town and served this dish. I have never had such glowing reviews of my cooking. I am adding this to regular rotation.