Tuesday, December 9, 2008

American Art Stamp Valentine Card

What, you say? A Valentine Card in the middle of Christmas season? Well, I HAD to play with my new images from American Art Stamp! This is my first AAS card as a member of the Design Team -- yay! :)

I inked up this Couple in Love image with Top Boss Watermark, then I heat embossed it with black detail embossing powder. I watercolored the image with an aquapainter and inks, then I sponged around the edges with Colorbox Lemon Grass ink. I used my Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots folder on the background cardstock. The paper is from the Loves Me collection by Imaginisce.

Although this is a Valentine stamp, it really can be used for any occasion. I made this card for a wedding we'll be attending this month. I love the sentiment -- perfect for a couple in love! :)

I'll be back to my regularly scheduled programming tomorrow -- just in time for the ATS Wednesday Challenge! Thanks for taking the time to visit today -- I really do appreciate it! Have a fantastic Tuesday! :)

Stamps: Couple in Love, sentiment (American Art Stamp) Ink: Top Boss Watermark, Colorbox Lemon Grass (Clearsnap); various SU! inks for watercoloring Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink (SU!) Paper: Loves Me (Imaginisce) Other: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); Aquapainter; Lace edge punch (Martha Stewart); 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, corner rounder, silver cord (SU!); Peony Dew Drops (Robins Nest); white organdy ribbon; sponge; dimensionals; white gel pen

17 comments:

Allison said...

This is beautiful. I love the colours. I too had to take a break from Christmas stuff!

Joy said...

love the sentiment...I am always admiring everyone's creations with awesome sentiments...so cute!

Dawn Easton said...

Christina, this is darling! Love that image and the huge umbrella!

Tricia T said...

Gorgeous card. I just *love* the colors!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card. I love the stamp image. I will have to check the company out.

Christi Flores said...

Beautiful Christina!! I love that image and those gorgeous colors!

Karen Hanim said...

Thanks so for the inspiration! I am in the middle of trying to come up with something for a Valentine project and you have inspired me yet again!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a fantastic card! Love the image and I LOVE the sentiment! Beautifully, done, Christina!!

Debbie said...

Wahoo! Way to go Christina! What a perfect wedding card. Congrats on the design team.

Carolyn King said...

*giggle* whats they doin behind that there umbrella???

This is soo cute--love that sentiment--great job and congrats on the dt!

Jennifer Love said...

Ooh yay! I Love this card! I've really been considering some AAS lately...so many faboo things I need!

Bonnie said...

This is so lovely!! What a sweet, sweet image--you have worked it Christina!

Amy Johnson said...

What an adorable image! I love it! And I really love your card too! I love the colors, papers, sentiment, and the punched edge border. Great job!

Alex said...

what a beautiful card - so soft and pretty! Love the colors, Christina, just gorgeous, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Karen Motz said...

this is beautiful...so soft and pretty. The scallop border is a lovely touch.

Katie Cotton said...

what a sweet stamp!

Anonymous said...

This is SOOOOO cute!!!! Love the colors, dots, ribbon, sentiment...totally adorable!