Wednesday, December 10, 2008

ATS Challenge: Gift Card Holder

Happy Wednesday! Today's ATS Challenge is to create a gift card holder. There are so many tutorials for gift card holders on Splitcoaststampers and on blogs everywhere -- you're sure to find one that fits your purpose! Or, you can create your own template -- I've done that many times before!

I saw a tutorial for the card I'm making on Gina K.'s Blog in THIS post. The finished size is 4.25" square.

All the images, inside and out, are from AmyR Stamps. I used Build a Holiday to create the trees on the front. The paper is from the Be Merry collection by My Mind's Eye. I *love* it! I Cuttlebugged the cardstock background and added some Mica Flakes glitter (Martha Stewart) under the trees. The sentiment is from Amy's Christmas Sentiments set.

Here's the inside of the card. I used a SU! Word Window punch to create the opening. I punched once, then punched again on either side until the opening was the correct size.

And here's the back panel. I used a stamp from Amy's Christmas Card Verses set. There is still plenty of room for a personal message!

Now, it's time to make your own gift card holder! Use keyword ATSDTC30 when uploading to a gallery. Be sure to upload to the ATS Wednesday Challenge Gallery -- Christine and Amy are always looking for the next ATS Guest Designer! The ATS Blog will be updated later today with the Design Team samples for the challenge -- be sure to check it out!

That's all for today! Thanks so much for the visit -- I'm so glad you stopped by! Have a great day!

Stamps: Build a Holiday, Christmas Sentiments, Christmas Card Verses (AmyR Stamps) Ink: Basic Black (SU!) Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Soft Sky (SU!) Paper: Be Merry (MME) Other: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain, word window punch, oval punches, old olive brads (SU!); Mica Flakes glitter (Martha Stewart)




9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable trees paper pieced with that fabulous DP!!! So cute Christina!

Allison said...

This is so cute! I love the trees and Flakes glitter under them.

Rachel said...

This is such an adorable gift card Christina!!

Alex said...

Totally cute GCH!!! I love how you paper pieced that tree with that yummy dp - awesome! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Christi Flores said...

This is SO cute!!! I love it!!

Joy said...

love those gift card holders...I come to find that the easier, simpler it is...the better it is for me...I have so many to make even after making for everyone else! I better get a going! TFS!

Lisa Foster said...

This is Sooo CUTE! Great paper pieced trees! Love your snow too!

Brenda said...

this is an amazing gift card holder!!! The card itself is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love the dotted trees!