Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MFT DT Creative Challenge: Die-namics Home Decor

Good Tuesday morning to you! We've been working on the kids' bathroom re-do, so I haven't had as much creative time as I'd like lately (and thus the lack of posting), but I'm so excited to be back with this month's MFT DT Creative Challenge. Joanne has challenged us to use our Die-namics to create home decor! Oh my goodness -- the possibilities! :)


I created this frame to sit on top of our piano. I started with a frame from IKEA and filled it with paper, bling, pearls, felt and six different Die-namics: Textile Rectangle, Rolled Rose, Mini Rolled Roses, Dizzy Doily, Butterflies, and Musical Notes.


Here's a closeup. The sentiment is from Clearly Sentimental about Music, this month's Triple Scoop set. I did some zig-zag stitching around the patterned paper, and I sponged around the sentiment with Antique Linen Distress Ink.


Visit Kim's Blog to see the list of designers who have taken the Home Decor Challenge! We'd love to see your projects, too! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today -- have a great day!

Christina

17 comments:

Arlene said...

Christina, this is so gorgeous!! I love the green felt butterfly peeking out from under the rolled roses. :-)

Unknown said...

Christina, this is terrific. I love the flowers and the bling.

bernshwag said...

Gorgeous Christina, I love all of the layers!

StampOwl said...

this is gorgeous Christina

Inge Groot said...

Stunning project Christina, love the combination of all the Die-namics in this beautiful made frame!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful, Christina! perfect for your piano. love the roses and bling accent!

Jodi Collins said...

How GORGEOUS Christina! LOVE the design of this...it must look FABULOUS on your piano!!!

g said...

so gorgeous and how perfect for on top of your piano?!

Bonnie said...

Absolutely gorgeous my friend! I am blown away!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Christina! I love the vintage look!

Eva said...

Christina, this is gorgeous!!! I LOVE framed art and yours using all the pretty MFT dies and stamps is beautiful!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

What a perfect accessory for your family piano; I can just see it perched next to that framed photo I KNOW you have of me on there... ;) Lovely, gf!

Melody said...

Perfect for your piano! The embellishments are perfect!

Sherrie said...

LOVE this Christina...so pretty and elegant! This will be great for your piano!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Christina! Love the little butterfly peeking out of the those gorgeous blossoms! :D

Erin Smetak said...

SO classy and gorgeous!!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous Christina! I love the vintage feel!