Saturday, March 5, 2011

A "Just Because" Card

Happy Saturday, everyone! I had planned to post this card yesterday, but the girls were off school, and one of them had a friend over all day, and, well... it just didn't get posted. :)

So here it is. It's a "just because" kinda card. Sometimes I'll leave the sentiment off, so I have a card ready for birthday, hello, thinking of you -- whatever I might need.  My girls always want to be sending a card to someone for something, so now I have one ready. The sweet image is Fancy Dress Marci from La-La Land Crafts. The paper is from the Stella & Rose Hazel pack from My Mind's Eye.


I colored with Copic markers, and I embellished with some Natural Burlap String and a Webster's Pages Scalloped Sparkler.

So, what are your weekend plans? We'll be painting the bathroom today. It's VERY wet and rainy here, so indoor activities are a good way to go. ;) Whatever you have on your calendar today, I hope your day is a great one!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Christina

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Marci is just precious in her fancy little dress. And you've colored her up just perfectly, Christina! Lovin' this card with that beautiful MME paper!

Lea L. said...

This is just adorable!! Great job coloring that little cutie in!!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is just ever so sweet! And I love the Stella and Rose papers.. perfect for this darling little image.

Leslie Miller said...

I think it's darling, Christina, and sometimes they just look great without the sentiment. I can't imagine what could make this any cuter!