Sunday, April 11, 2010

You Make Me Smile

Hi there! I hope you're having a great weekend! It's been beautiful here -- we've spent lots of time outside, doing yardwork and just hanging out. I had to force myself to come inside and stamp something! :)

Jen's Sketch for You to Try this week is a great one, and it was just what I needed to get the juices flowing! I used sweet Millie the Mouse, a new character from My Favorite Things (she's already sold out, but she'll be back soon)! I paper pieced her body and bow, then I added some pink to her body with a Prismacolor pencil. I stitched and inked all the paper panels.

My kids are on spring break this week, so we'll be spending some time visiting my brother and his family. I have a couple things ready to post while I'm gone, so please stop back! :)

Thank you so much for visiting today -- have a fantastic day!

Christina

Stamps: Millie the Mouse (MFT) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Vintage Touch Duo (PTI) Cardstock: So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White (SU!) Paper: Wild Raspberry (K&Company) Other: Circle Nestabilities, Blossom Nestabilities, So Saffron ribbon, button, twine, Prismacolor pencil, Diamond Lace punch, dimensionals, sewing machine Card Size: 5.25" x 5.25"

12 comments:

Tracey said...

This is so adorable Christina! Such a pretty card!

Jana Weaver said...

So cute Christina, I love the paper you pieced her with, and the pink to her ears is perfect!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is adorable, Christina!! Cute DP!!

Kristie W. said...

This mouse is so cute paper pieced!! Love your card!

Kelli Hull said...

I really dont wanna see ANYMORE Millie cards until I have mine in my hands!!! That Millie is SO stinkin CUTE!!!! I just wanna ink her, hug her and call her George!!!

Michele B said...

So super-cute, Christina! Such pretty papers too! (And I love the stitching!)

Cindy Haffner said...

Millie is the CUTEST!!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Another beautiful card, Christina, with such a wonderful combination of patterns and colors. Love this!

Dawn Easton said...

Millie, is so sweet! Great idea to add a bit of pink to her belly...cute!
Enjoy your week with the kids!

Amy Johnson said...

Yes, it is so hard to come in and stamp, or do anything inside, in the spring. The weather is just so beautiful. I love your card. I love how you paper pieced her body. I never would have thought of that...but it looks great. And the papers, colors, layout, and embellies are just gorgeous.

Alex said...

This is adorable Christina, I love the layout and the colors!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

g said...

EEEeeeek! oh how i adore this one! i LOVE her paper pieced and all these gorgeous soft colors-totally awesome!!