Monday, February 9, 2009

Bittersweet Coffee

Happy Monday! This day, like every other day, began with a BIG ol' mug of coffee, in the same mug I use every morning. I *love* coffee. Sometimes I go to bed thinking about the next morning's coffee. No joke. :)

So, when I saw Friday's Limited Supplies Challenge to use only a sentiment, this one was an easy choice. It's from Coffee with Friends by Flourishes. I thought it paired well with the browns in this Bittersweet paper.

As the challenge suggested, I dressed up the card with papers, embellishments and punches. I embossed the brown paper with the Swiss Dots folder, and I machine stitched around the paisley panel.

I'm off to finish my coffee -- thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Have a wonderful day!
Christina

Stamps: Coffee with Friends (Flourishes) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink (SU!) Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate (SU!) Paper: Bittersweet 6x6 pad (BasicGrey) Other: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft); Obsession flowers (Prima); Bittersweet button (BasicGrey), scalloped ribbon (May Arts); Branch punch (Martha Stewart); pink fibers; sewing machine, sponge, dimensionals

9 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Beautiful Christina - I love all of your embellies!!! Don't feel alone, I go to bed thinking about my morning coffee too :)

Julie said...

So beautiful - excellent embellie choices!!

www.paperpleasing.typepad.com

Alex said...

WOW!! This is really gorgeous Christina!! I love all the different layers and papers you used and that flower looks amazing - just a beautiful card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tina said...

So pretty, love the papers and colors.

Bonnie said...

Yay! I love coffee and this card is so sweet! Luvin' that Bittersweet too!

Juanita said...

I thought I was the only one that went to sleep with visions of the next mornings coffee in her head. What relief

Keri Lee Sereika said...

So so so beautifully done Christina!

Tracey said...

An absolutely gorgeous card Christina!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous!!