Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Has Anyone Seen the Remote?



Hello there! We're halfway through the week -- things are moving too fast! Have you ever seen "The Upside Down Show" on Noggin? If you have little ones, you probably know the show. Shane and David ask the kids who are watching to use their imaginary remote control to rewind, slow down, and play the events taking place. Right now I really wish I had a remote with a giant PAUSE button! I could freeze time until I catch up!!

Anyway, I made this card for a neighbor who just had surgery for prostate cancer. I'm sending over a gift certificate to a local restaurant (since I haven't had much time for cooking meals lately!) and some spiced vanilla bread (because there's always time for baking!). :) I combined this week's Color Challenge and Sketch challenge.

To create the background, I used my Scor-pal to make a grid pattern on the Soft Sky cardstock. I scored at 1/4" intervals. The image is stamped in Certainly Celery and Blue Bayou. I distressed the edges and sponged them with Soft Sky ink. I placed the sentiment in a window. First I punched out an opening from the Soft Sky background with my Word Window punch. Then I placed that layer over the Blue Bayou card base and traced the inside of the opening. I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White, punched it out with the Word Window Punch, and adhered it to the Blue Bayou card base over the traced window. I then raised the Soft Sky layer over the Blue Bayou layer with Pop Dots. I embellished with brads and ribbon, and I finished the inside of the card as well.

I'll be spending the next couple days working on projects for the bridal shower -- I hope you'll stop back to check on me!

And if anyone comes across that remote, send it my way, okay? ;)

All products Stampin' Up! (except Scor-pal)
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, So Many Sayings, Sincere Salutations Ink: Blue Bayou, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky Cardstock: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Whisper White Paper: Certainly Celery Prints Tools: Scor-pal, Word Window Punch, Cutter Kit Accessories: Blue Bayou stitched grosgrain, Certainly Celery grosgrain, Soft Subtles Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge

10 comments:

Tricia T said...

Christina, the card is beautiful. I'm sure it will be a blessing. Would you consider sharing your recipe for the bread? It sounds yummy!!

Anonymous said...

another great card!

Arlene,
West Bremerton flowers

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful card Christina! I have tried the grid technique but never done such a small grid...I LOVE that! Your bread sounds so yummy!! I'm sure it will all cheer your neighbour up :)

Alyssa S said...

This card is gorgeous! I love that you finished the inside too :)

Christi Flores said...

This card is gorgeous!!! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

OOOH I love this! Great colors and layout!! :D

Alex said...

What a beauty Christina - I am sure it will be very well received...I love the colors and the word window is really awesome!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

huntla1 said...

This is very pretty. In fact, I am making my sister some cards and she specifically asked for some sympathy cards. For whatever reason, this is my go to stamp for sympathy, and I may just borrow your design here and run with it. Thanks for that. I needed it.

jjcreations said...

Awesome job on this card for the colour challenge. I love it. Joan

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your neighbor appreciated such a gorgeous card and bread! And a gc! How very thoughtful! I love these colors, Christina. It's beautiful!