Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Krafty Birthday

Why is it that I make cards for a living, but I never have a birthday card when I need one? I decided that I needed to add some birthday cards to my stash, so I made this simple and monochromatic card. I wanted to create a card using only kraft cardstock, and I gave it some interest with embossing (Cuttlebug Victoria folder) and sponging. I used the Birthday Celebrations set by JustRite Stampers.


I stamped the large scallop in SU! Cajun Craze ink, then I hand trimmed it. The center sentiment was stamped in SU! Early Espresso ink. I sponged all the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink. I embellished with a trio of Prima Sugar Plum Roses and a Webster's Pages Sparkler.

Now I have one birthday card... I guess I should make a few more. :)

Thanks for visiting today -- have a great day!
Christina

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome card, Christina! LOVE the texture and that JustRite set! The flowers,twine and Webster's Sparkler add just the perfect touch!

Terry said...

I just love it. There are so many things going in this card, but they work perfectly together.

Celeste said...

Love it!

Peachy Wessels said...

What a great card! I love how the embossing stands out. Kraft paper makes some really pretty cards! I agree with you about never having enough birthday cards when we need them. How can this be? It seems that I am always making birthday cards, oh well...

titancia said...

What a beautiful card! It's so elegant--I love the little rhinestone button. It gives it that extra special touch.