Monday, February 14, 2011

February à la modes!

Good Monday morning, everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! :) It's mid-month already (can you believe it?), so that means it's time for new à la modes from My Favorite Things! This sweet line of stamps has captured my heart, and it appears it has captured yours, too! MFT's only line of cling rubber stamps, the à la modes are easy to work with and stamp like a dream!

We'll have à la modes previews today and tomorrow, followed by the VIP Hop Tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 10:00 pm EST. So, are you ready for today's à la modes card? It features à la modes - Wishing You Luck. It's perfect for St. Patrick's Day or anytime you want to wish good luck to a friend.


I had picked up this Reminisce Celtic Knot paper during a shopping trip with Lisa -- I knew it would come in handy! I colored the image with Copics. I used the Die-namics Simply Scallops die to cut the scallops from the Black Licorice card stock. The ribbon is some bias tape I purchased at Jo-Ann's -- I wrinkled it and roughed up the edges, then I topped it with some black hemp twine.


I had some fun layering the inside of the card. Even with the sentiment inside, there's plenty of room to write a personal message.


Click over to Kim's Blog to see the lineup of MFT designers who have à la modes previews for you today. Then be sure to stop back tomorrow to see the other à la modes set!

Thanks for stopping by today -- have a great day!
Christina

17 comments:

Arlene said...

I love the black hemp twine! Perfect papers for this super pretty card! :-)

Nancy Thomas said...

Love all the fresh greens and the raw edges on the bow.

Melody said...

How Cute!! How perfect is that paper!

evafromca said...

Christina, how GORGEOUS is this!!! I adore the papers you used and WOW on that hemp bow!!

StampOwl said...

fabulous christina

Susan (rainy) said...

This is gorgeous, Christina! Love that wonderful ribbon treatment. Even the inside is beautiful!!

Dawn Easton said...

Christina, this is so cute! GREAT dp find, eh? Wow! Fabulous!

Tracey said...

Just gorgeous Christina! Loving the green! xx

Sherrie said...

Love your touch of twine Christina! This looks great!

Barbara said...

This is darling, Christina!! I love it.

Jodi Collins said...

This is FAB Christina!! LOVE the papers you used!!!

Kim said...

Beautimus Christina!

Anne Tussing said...

Sweet! Love your dp!

Julie said...

Gorgeous inside and out Christina! Love those papers, they are just perfect for this set!

Lisa H. said...

such a cutie. love the twine you used.

Michele Boyer said...

So pretty, Christina! I love that extra-loopy bow!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous...love the black twine!!