Friday, February 19, 2010

TCP Challenge Card

Hello! TGIF!! Today's card is for this week's challenge over at The Cat's Pajamas. My sweet friend Joanne is the hostess this week, and she chose a color challenge: olive, light blue, and ivory. You can read all the deets on Joanne's blog HERE. The colors are those found in my beloved October Afternoon paper, so of course I had to play along! :)

The image and sentiment are from Smells Like Cake. I paper pieced the cakes and added some Stickles. I colored the rest of the image with Prismacolor pencils, and I sponged around the oval. It's a pretty simple design, but I do like it!

Before I go, I want to let you know that my friend Tracy is selling off a boatload of stamps -- stop by her Blog and give some of them a good home! :)

That's it for today! Thank you so much for visiting!

Have a fantastic Friday!
Christina

Stamps: Smells Like Cake (TCP) Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Soft Sky (SU!) Cardstock: Whip Cream (MFT), Kiwi Kiss (SU!) Paper: Cherry Hill, Ducks in a Row (October Afternoon) Other: Prismacolor pencils, Stickles (Ranger), Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Old Olive striped grosgrain, border punch, Dimensionals (SU!), button (BasicGrey), twine (PTI), white gel pen, sewing machine Card Size: 5.50" x 4.25"

6 comments:

Mary J said...

Hello Christina! Your card is sooo good - it's one of my blog favs!

Jackie Pedro said...

I just love this, Christina!! The DP looks gorgeous together!! Oh, and I love the ribbon....

Bethany Paull said...

Ooh. That really is pretty paper, and I love your fancy cakes.

Unknown said...

This is so cuuuuute! And I love your new picture too! Miss you!

Alma de la Rosa said...

So pretty. I love this color combo and the pattern mix.

Peggy said...

Yummy