Thursday, August 9, 2007

Is It Fall Yet?

It's hot here. VERY hot. 100 degrees and holding. I'm ready for cooler temperatures, and it shows in this card. I was looking for some fall colors, and this BasicGrey Stella Ruby paper was perfect. I combined it with Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, and Old Olive cardstock. The image is Bucket of Posies from Whippersnapper Designs. I've been coveting this stamp for quite a while, because it makes me think of a country garden. I stopped at our local stamp store, Creative Stamper, yesterday on my way to pick up Kyle from soccer practice -- and there it was! I bought it, took it home, and couldn't wait to ink it up! :)

The background is Weathered, stamped with Ruby Red on the Ruby Red cardstock. I stamped the image with Black Stazon on watercolor paper, and I watercolored it with my aquapainter and ink pad lids. I used Going Gray and Bordering Blue for the bucket, then added some More Mustard to give it a rusted look. I used Chocolate Chip and Basic Black on the handle. The flowers and leaves are colored with Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Really Rust, More Mustard, Taken With Teal, and Chocolate Chip. I sponged Really Rust around the edges of the panel. I machine stitched around the Stella Ruby panel (straight stitches on the sides, zig zag on the top and bottom) and tied olive grosgrain around it. The tag was created with the Round Tab punch. I stamped the sentiment from Happy Everything in Chocolate Chip ink, pierced below it, sponged Choc Chip on the edges, and added Vintage Brads. Everything is mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals.

This card is for everyone who, like me, is tired of the heat -- Fall is on the way!! :)
All products from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! The striped patterned paper is perfect with that image!