Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Halloween Card




I made this card for today's Ways to Use It Challenge at SCS. I was so glad that halloween cards were the challenge today! I love fall, I love halloween, and with the temperature at 100 degrees AGAIN today, they can't get here soon enough!!!

This card is 4 1/4 inches square. I used Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, and the paper is Creepy Crawly 12x12 Designer Series Paper. On the Pumpkin Pie card base, I stamped the small flourish from Priceless in Basic Black ink (I told you I'd be using that set again!). It reminded me of the pumpkin vine. The center image is from Batty for You, and I inked it with Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Old Olive, and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers. I punched it out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and sponged the edges with Basic Black ink. Next I layered it on Pumpkin Pie cardstock punched with the Scalloped Circle Punch, and attached it to Basic Black punched with a Marvy Uchida Giga Scalloped Circle Punch. I pierced the black scallops and drew around the holes with my Marvy White Gel Pen, creating faux eyelets. I doodled on the Pumpkin Pie scallops with the Basic Black marker. I punched a 1/8" hole on each side of the black scalloped circle for the Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon. Lastly, I used the Photo Corners Punch to create Basic Black photo corners, then added orange eyelets. The scalloped circles and photo corners are mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals.

I'm definitely in a Halloween mood now -- be watching for more cards!! :)

All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

3 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Your card design is wonderful!!!

Lynn Put said...

Very cute card, and I love your blog too!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I love all the scallops, dots and swirls!