Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another Sketch From Jen


I haven't been too creative with my own card layouts lately (too much on my mind, I guess). This week I've been going to the experts and their sketches! This is another one from Jel del Muro's blog, i{heart}2stamp. The sketch is simple but lends itself to so many possiblities! I love this glittered paper from Die Cuts With a View -- it's perfect for an instant background! It was also a perfect paper to use with my new set from Gina K. Designs' Stamps for a Cause. It's called Make a Wish!, and $7 from the sale of each set goes to the Make a Wish Foundation. How cool is that? This is the second Stamps for a Cause set Gina K. has released -- the first was Love You to Pieces!, benefitting Autism Speaks. Of course I purchased that one, too! :)

Okay, back to the card. I used Real Red, Brocade Blue, and Whisper White cardstock. I stamped the cake image and sentiment in Basic Black ink. I colored the cake with Prismacolor Pencils. I then added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the stars and Crystal Effects to the cake icing. The sentiment and mat were punched out with the small and large Oval Punches. I used the Corner Rounder (retired) with the paper guide removed to create the scallops on the "awning". I sponged around the image panel and small oval with Bashful Blue ink. I added some doodles with a Marvy white gel pen. The "foldover", main panel, and large oval are attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. The ribbon is red grosgrain and red gingham.

I can't wait to use the other images from this set -- all of them have a "wish" theme!

Well, I'm leaving soon to take Anna to her first day of Kindergarten! This has been a very strange couple of weeks for me, with quite a few firsts: Kyle's first day of high school, his first high school soccer game, and Anna's first day of Kindergarten. In a couple weeks, Caroline will have her first day of preschool! And, last week, Megan became a teenager! I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster!! Thank goodness I have my stamping to calm me and keep me focused! :)

I hope you all have a great day -- thanks for visiting!
All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

4 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

Wonderful card! Great job coloring that cake.

Karen Gladney said...

Great card. Love that new stamp set. I think I have to put it on my wish list for sure. The background paper really goes with it. Great blog btw.

Dawn Easton said...

Great card! I can't wait to get my set in the mail too!
Wow you have had an emotional rollercoaster going on! Hope all the kids enjoy their first day of school!

Anonymous said...

This is just DARLING!! Love the colors, set, just darling! :)