Wednesday, August 29, 2007

For a New Citizen!


Our neighbor up the street became a United States Citizen last week. You should have seen her yard that day, courtesy of some enthusiastic neighbors: red, white and blue streamers and American flags everywhere! :) Today's Sketch Challenge at SCS gave me the perfect opportunity to make her a card.

I knew Iwanted to use this glittered paper from DCWV -- the colors are perfect and there are lots of stars in the pattern. I layered it on Real Red and Ballet Blue cardstock. The main image is a stamp from Gina K.'s Make a Wish set which benefits the Make a Wish Foundation. I realized that the shooting star coordinates perfectly with the star image from Figures of Speech! Both were stamped in Basic Black ink on Whisper White cardstock. I added some color to each with Stampin' Pastels. I punched out the circle with a 1 3/8" circle punch and sponged around the edges of both images with Ballet Blue ink. I used the Scalloped Circle Punch and pierced the scallops with a Paper Piercing Tool. On the horizontal panel, I used the Stars Stampin' Around wheel and White Craft ink on Ballet Blue cardstock. Before I put it all together, I heat embossed the main panel by using Versamark and Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. I used 2 Way Glue to add Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the star in the circle. For the final touches, I added Red Gingham Ribbon, Ice Circles Brads, and machine stitching along the right side. The panels are on Stampin' Dimensionals.

This is definitely a festive card for a happy occasion! Thanks for visiting -- have a great day!

All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

6 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

What a PERFECT card! It's fantastic. Funny how both star images compliment on another so well!! That is an awesome discovery. I'm sure your neighbour up the street will love this! It's a real work of art!!!

Keri Lee said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I am totally sending this link to Gina!!! this card is WONDERFUL!!!

Gina K said...

Fantastic card! Wow, those images do look great together!!! Beautiful work!
Hugs,
Gina

Julia Stainton said...

Oh how fun! Love it! Works fabulous with that sketch! A perfect card for the occasion!

Lindsey (jacksonbelle) said...

This is just darling!! Love the colors, layout, great card!!

Shel9999 said...

What a great idea!! Super card and it's perfect for the occasion!