Friday, December 10, 2010

Mitten Ornament Gift Card Holder

Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but I had several gift cards to buy for Christmas this year for teachers, nieces & nephews, and friends. We crafters are all about the presentation, you know, so I made this mitten ornament/gift card holder.


I made a template from an ornament I had purchased a few years ago, then I traced it onto some My Favorite Felt. I cut out two and machine stitched them together, leaving the top open. I embellished the front with more My Favorite Felt and three Die-namics: Hearts a Plenty, Let It snowflake Trio, and Small Scallop Border


Before I adhered the scallop border to the top, I inserted an eyelet in the corner for the twine. I wanted to be sure it would be sturdy when hung on a tree. Then I covered the eyelet with the felt scallops and sewed a button in the corner. The tag was made using the Merry & Bright set.

I finished the edge of the mitten with four strands of red embroidery floss. Beate has a great tutorial for the stitching HERE on her blog.

So, now after the recipient uses the gift card, she or he will have an ornament for the tree! :)

That's it for today! Thank you so much for taking the time during this busy season to spend some time with me! :)

Have a fabulous Friday!
Christina

12 comments:

Kelli Hull said...

You're SUCH a SMARTIE... an eyelet for strength... EEK!! GREAT IDEA and I love that mitten, I am gonna TRY to practice my blanket stitch, but NO PROMISES it turns out!!!! LOL and I've been saying that for several weeks now and, well, umm.... 8)

Kathy Martin said...

I love it! So sweet and creative!

Bev J. said...

Cute mitten-great stitching and I like it can be used for an ornament afterwards.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! Any chance of sharing the mitten stencil? Jane

Tina said...

What a wonderful way to present a gift card, so creative!

Brenda said...

What a great gift card holder. Love it!

Sarah said...

Cute project! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Eeek! Cuteness!!!

Erin Smetak said...

What an adorable little mitten! I love it!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Freakin' fantastic! Love this girl!

Lisa H. said...

THIS is fabulous. better than I envisioned it when you told me about it. the yellow is stunning!

Deborah Anton said...

Brilliant!! I LOVE IT!