Tuesday, December 7, 2010

MFT's Greatest Hits: a la modes

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Today the MFT DT is back with our monthly installment of MFT's Greatest Hits! This time we're inking up our favorite a la modes! I chose to work with What's Cooking?, so I made a recipe box for my favorite holiday desserts and treats.

I started with a cardboard recipe box I found in the $1 bin at Michaels. I used several patterns of October Afternoon Modern Homemaker paper -- SO perfect for this project! :) After adhering the paper, I sanded all the edges and inked them with Tea Dye Distress Ink. I love the aged look! I gave the entire box a coat of Mod Podge to protect it, then I adhered the ribbon around the top.

I colored and cut out the image, and I paper pieced her pants. I popped her up on dimensional boosters so the lid can easily open and close behind her head! :)




I made a coordinating recipe card using the Recipe Card Template and Die-namics Notebook Edge Die.  I stamped the image on the card with SU! Soft Sky ink.


Now, if I had thought about it before I took the photo, I would have written down a recipe for you. Since I didn't, I'll just point you in the direction of one of my favorite treats to give as a gift during the Christmas season -- Peppermint Bark. It's easy peasy and my kids love it! You can find the recipe HERE!


Christmas Come Early Promotion
MFT loves to spoil our customers and this week is no exception. Christmas has come early for YOU. From December 7 though December 9, our MFT Santa will be slipping a little something extra into your "stocking". With each order of $25 or more (not including tax or shipping) placed during the promotion period, you will receive a FREE surprise gift with your order. We have a ton of gifts under the tree, and we'll pick one out just for you. It could be a stamp set, ribbon, or other crafty product. It'll be a surprise, so please don't send Santa a list. *wink*
 
 
Stop by Kim's Blog today after 11 am to see which designers are playing MFT's Greatest Hits today!
 
Thanks so much for visiting! Have a great day!
 
Christina

15 comments:

Deborah Anton said...

How cute is this project? Love it! And that recipe... yum!! Hey! Did you know we will soon be neighbors?!

Lisa H. said...

you amaze me! how do you find the time. first that awesome candle yesterday and NOW this amazing box! beautiful work!

Brenda said...

Shat a super cute project.

Kathy Martin said...

Adorable recipe box!

Barbara said...

SHUT UP!!! OMGosh, this is fabulous, Cristina!! I am so inspired to make one just like it!!

Melody said...

Wow, this fabulous! The papers are just perfect and I love the distressing!

Kelli Hull said...

I LOOOVE that DP and have VERY little of it, but might have to pop in to the LSS and get some more, this is SUPER Cute!!!!! Thanks for the link to that bark... a Friend gave me a bag of DOVE Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark candy!!! OMG!!!! 8)

Michele Boyer said...

Oh wow! This is REALLY cute and SO clever!! Love it!

Amy Johnson said...

wow! I just love this! It's cute and vintagy at the same time! Great job!

Megan said...

Very very cute! What a perfect image for such a useful project!!

Chris said...

this is gorgeous, the image is perfect for a recipe box

Susan (rainy) said...

This is fabulous, Christina. What a darling project. Love the way you put the ribbon around the lid and added the bow and button. So cute!!

Julie said...

Just gorgeous Christina!

Allison said...

What a perfect recipe box!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I LOVE this...completely fabulous!!