Monday, April 14, 2008

A Tulip for Mom

It's not often that I get ahead of the game with my card making, but I actually have a Mother's Day card finished already! I used Spring Blooms by Gina K. Designs. I inked the tulip image in Groovy Guava and Garden Green ink, spritzed it with water, then stamped it on watercolor paper. I then took my Aquapainter and inks (Groovy Guava, Cameo Coral, and Garden Green) and filled in the image with color. I rounded two corners and sponged the edges with Soft Sky ink. The tag is from Gina K's Bling & Dazzle Plastic Tags. I covered the tag with paper, sanded the edges, and stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink. I did some freestyle stitching on the background paper and embellished with ribbon, cord and brads.

Please stop back tomorrow -- I have something very exciting to share with you! Thanks for visiting today -- have a great day!! :)

Stamps: Spring Blooms (Gina K. Designs) Ink: Groovy Guava, Cameo Coral, Garden Green, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip (SU!) Cardstock: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, watercolor paper (SU!) Paper: Afternoon Tea (SU!) Other: Bling & Dazzle Plastic Tag (Gina K. Designs); Chocolate Chip 7/8" grosgrain, Horizontal Slot Punch, Gold Cord, Gold Brads, 3/16" Corner Rounder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamping Sponge (SU!); sewing machine & brown thread

9 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

Oh, that's beautiful. Love the wonky stitching.

Michelle Wooderson said...

Hi Christina! I like to stop by other bloggers that visit my blog and just give a shout out! Love your work and you're just the cutest little thing!! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comments! Have a nice evening.

Mish

Carolyn King said...

LOVELY! Great job with that image...love the little tag! too cute!

Dawn Easton said...

Christina, this is beautiful! I love when you round your corners like that!!!

Melanie said...

fabulous card! Congrats on your guest designer spot! :)

jjcreations said...

This is very pretty. Joan

Anonymous said...

Perfect!! Love the flower with those papers! And I always love that "free-style" stitching. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's stunning!
Hugs and smiles

LeAnne said...

So pretty!!!
LeAnne