Sunday, April 13, 2008

Something Special


I'm posting late today -- I've been at a volleyball tournament for the last two days, and we just got home!

This week I received my order from Cornish Heritage Farms. I couldn't wait to ink up this set, Nature Silhouettes. It's part of The Kim Hughes Collection. I just love all the silhouette stamps in her line (heck, I love all the stamps in her line!). Anyway, I built the card around some things I had lying on my table, namely the chipboard circle from On Board Lots of Letters and this BasicGrey Romani paper. I used Certainly Celery and Yo Yo Yellow classic inks and applied them directly to the chipboard, and it gave me just the right shade of green to match the paper. I punched out a vanilla circle with a Mega Circle Punch (it's the perfect size to fit behind the chipboard), then I stamped the images on it. The flower image was inked with SU! markers, and I stamped three times without reinking. The sentiment and dragonfly were stamped in Basic Gray ink. For the background, I used the Spanish Script and Cheesecloth Backgrounders stamped lightly in Almost Amethyst ink. I machine stitched and distressed the edges of the floral paper. The half pearls are from the SU! Pretties Kit. I was going to place them in the corner in a typical line, but I decided instead to follow the curve of the chipboard. I like it much better! I finished the card with Prima flowers and dotted May Arts ribbon.

I can't wait to use this set some more -- the images are so beautiful and summery! I have even more new stamps on my table awaiting some ink -- hopefully I'll have some time this week to break them in! Tomorrow I have a Mother's Day card to show you, and on Tuesday I have some exciting news to share! I hope you'll stop back! Thanks so much for visiting -- I appreciate it so much! :)

Stamps: Nature Silhouettes, Spanish Script Backgrounder, Cheesecloth Backgrounder (CHF) Ink: Almost Amethyst, Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, Yo Yo Yellow (SU!) Markers: Certainly Celery, Yo Yo Yellow, Almost Amethyst (SU!) Cardstock: Very Vanilla (SU!) Paper: Romani (BasicGrey) Other: On Board Lots of Letters chipboard, Cutter Kit, Pretties Kit, Glue Dots (SU!); dotted organdy ribbon (May Arts); flowers (Prima Marketing), sewing machine

5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Hey Christina! Hope the Vball tournament went well!
Your card is very pretty!! I like how you arranged the half pearls!!
Can't wait to see what you have in store for this week!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Christina!! This is gorgeous!!!! I love the stitches and the distressed edges...the layout...and I'm so jealous! I want that stamp set! Beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely card.

Arlene,
Bainbridge Island florist

Unknown said...

This is soooo pretty Christina! I just love the colors for spring! Beautiful embellishing too!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!! I love the colors and distressed edges!!